Sonic Electronix

Tryin So Hard To Learn. Box And Tuning Help

Okay New plan. the guy that was going to build it for me wrecked his fourwheeler at the dunes and can't do very much. He is drawing it up for me and im going to build it. It will be going under the back seat of my '95 chevy K1500 truck so im fiberglassing the bottom to get a good fit and use all the room i can. He said something in a text about building a frame and then stretching fleece to get the mold of my floor?? can someone please explain how you do this? If i understand it right you build the box sides and then stretch loose fleece across the bottom. lay it in and the fleece will form to the shapes under the back seat of the truck. Then u lay in the resin and glass?? if you could please explain that and then maybe link me to a thread where someone did that? I cant find anything on it.

is your truck extended cab or regular cab? i dont understand why you would go through all the trouble to fiberglass when you could just build a box that fits, and then secure it to your truck and with a port and if you make it big enough(depending on you tunning desires) youll make that lil mtx hit!

My truck is an extend cab, under the back seat has lots of shapes.. I kinda want this box to be perfect. It will be tuned to 33 hz. You think the box will make a huge difference??

the box will definitely make a difference, but i still don't know why you would absolutely need to do any fiberglass work, other than maybe the internals of the box. boxes that go under the rear seats of a truck are usually shaped like the lower half of a capital H. A single 10 probably wouldn't even need that much airspace. i'd guess it'd be around 1 cube ported for the mtx.

go ahead and take a picture of where you want to put the box and post it on here along with some measurements so we can work with it.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Okay New plan. the guy that was going to build it for me wrecked his fourwheeler at the dunes and can't do very much. He is drawing it up for me and im going to build it. It will be going under the back seat of my '95 chevy K1500 truck so im fiberglassing the bottom to get a good fit and use all the room i can. He said something in a text about building a frame and then stretching fleece to get the mold of my floor?? can someone please explain how you do this? If i understand it right you build the box sides and then stretch loose fleece across the bottom. lay it in and the fleece will form to the shapes under the back seat of the truck. Then u lay in the resin and glass?? if you could please explain that and then maybe link me to a thread where someone did that? I cant find anything on it.

is your truck extended cab or regular cab? i dont understand why you would go through all the trouble to fiberglass when you could just build a box that fits, and then secure it to your truck and with a port and if you make it big enough(depending on you tunning desires) youll make that lil mtx hit!

My truck is an extend cab, under the back seat has lots of shapes.. I kinda want this box to be perfect. It will be tuned to 33 hz. You think the box will make a huge difference??

the box will definitely make a difference, but i still don't know why you would absolutely need to do any fiberglass work, other than maybe the internals of the box. boxes that go under the rear seats of a truck are usually shaped like the lower half of a capital H. A single 10 probably wouldn't even need that much airspace. i'd guess it'd be around 1 cube ported for the mtx.

go ahead and take a picture of where you want to put the box and post it on here along with some measurements so we can work with it.

Alright I'll post pics and measurements tomorrow :)

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Not rlly.. I bought my box online and it made everything soo much easier! It wa a box tuned to 33hz and it was 1.25cu perfect for my pioneer subs i have 1500 watts to them and the box only was about $80 so its cheaper that way anyways! And btw the box fit perfect and everything! Rlly easy to install and it had ports on the front in the middle it was a very nice box.. Just look up 97 silverado or w/e year ur truck is there all the same anyway i think thats the best way to go bc i couldve built a box but... I was to lazy=)

Actually speedball1978 i think it is about 35hz not exactly sure i have measure the box and calculate my port area to see but im sure its about 33-35hz its pretty low .. I like my low end(: and my pioneers are pretty cheap subs but they have alot excursion since the motor is designed to handle it.. And they like that low tuning so.. Anyways yea its about 33-35hz