Sonic Electronix

Dual 12" Subs in a ute??? HELP

I have all my system at home just sorting out a car i was intending on getting wagon Subaru Impreza or similar, But my dad got s new falcon ute and he will give a great price on his old one. How do sound systems fit into these. Like cut the rear out for the subs and have a slot ported box firing into the cabin so the ports and drivers are visivble behind the seats and the rest of the box in the tub / back under the tarp??? Cause there are prefab sealed boxes but problem A they are too shallow for my subs and are 1.0 cft so thats a fair bit too small my subs need 1.25 without driver space accounted for. And the only way to get them in one of these small boxes would to be to make a 12" round spacer to allow the sub to sit further out of the box. I Dont want to do that How is it done? and besides i am set on a ported box so the rear cut would be good but that would make it un roadworthy wouldn't it?? Any other ideas throw them at me

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

don't worry about road worthy they don't see they wont know LOL

but depends how high/creative you wanna be..2 seats box can run inbetween driver and passenger.

or buy prefab and reverse mount if fit, or sell subs buy bunch those thin line sounndstream 13" subs

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

don't worry about road worthy they don't see they wont know LOL

but depends how high/creative you wanna be..2 seats box can run inbetween driver and passenger.

or buy prefab and reverse mount if fit, or sell subs buy bunch those thin line sounndstream 13" subs

Yeah maybe i did a bit of research you cant just cut it without reinforcing it. It can be done but it has to be approved by an engineer or else Insurance is void

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

what model tho?may not be worth it if got 3rd party..

iv always wanted a ute to put subs in the doors lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Archived