Got metered today, no big deal

Went to local sound show today here in Phoenix and drove through the lane with ZERO prep time or refinement of the sub stage I just put in on tuesday. My box isn't yet glued and is a ported wedge behind the seat of my regular cab Full size GMC. Right out of the gate on Decafs Cutty Buddy, it did a 136.8 and I was ok with that. I can't wait to get the box all sealed where it needs to be and get the port glassed in. For the first time ever through the lanes I was very surprised with a number like that with 2 12's in half the air space they need and only 600 watt max ratings. Not here to brag at all about it, but I've got the itch to see what the max potential is for this box. Maybe throw some DC level 3's in and see if I can get a gain.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

if you know you're starving your subs, you could do better with less cone area. Just saying.

But since it's no big deal and all, carry on.

What do you meter at? I've been considering a blow through

4 18 box = 150.x no matter where the meter is and the state of the doors @ 26 hz

2 18 box = 152 outlaw, 149 "legal" but it seems to get louder with both windows down, so maybe knocking on 153 (haven't metered that theory yet though) >> all at 45 hz

I'm not sure of the frequency of the song I played, but I wasn't upset st all about my score on the dash. I might try a couple mean 10's before I cut a big hole in the truck, just to see if it's louder than current. I can't fit 18's in my bed height wise :(

I'm not sure of the frequency of the song I played, but I wasn't upset st all about my score on the dash. I might try a couple mean 10's before I cut a big hole in the truck, just to see if it's louder than current. I can't fit 18's in my bed height wise :(

you could try 8"s or 10"s but why not just get a bigger and to feed ur subs the power they need? but airspace does play a big part of #s ....i would play with box designs as well ...but all that really matters is that YOU are happy with YOUR system.. and a 136 isn't to bad i couldn't get past 138 till i stopped buying prefab box,s...and why couldn't u fit 18"Sin ur bed? im sure its at least 20" deep u would have to d a blow thro tho Edited by extremeauto

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

you could try 8"s or 10"s but why not just get a bigger and to feed ur subs the power they need? but airspace does play a big part of #s ....i would play with box designs as well ...but all that really matters is that YOU are happy with YOUR system.. and a 136 isn't to bad i couldn't get past 138 till i stopped buying prefab box,s

I'm giving the subs double the RMS to make up for lack of air space. I've got right about 2 cubes after displacements as is for the 2 12's