Peak Frequency

I am interested in calculating peak/max frequency of sound samples that include anthropogenic ambient noise. This function seems to work fine on samples that are confined to the middle range of my sample (e.g. from 1-4 kHz). But once the sample box dips below 1 kHz, the peak frequency reading automatically becomes 86.1 kHz, in every sample in every recording (including recordings at completely different sites that have obviously different background noise). Then, if the sample box goes all the way to the bottom of the frequency scale, the peak frequency is always 0.

Is there a way for me to measure peak frequency between 0 and 1 kHz? Why is it automatically 86.1 for all samples, whether or not that really is (visually) the peak frequency? Can I rely on the peak frequency readings from the other (mid-range) samples? Is this just a problem in this version of the program, or would a previous version work better for my purposes??

Edited by ta2000