Sundown Audio

any idea whats wrong ?

D-train-13k

was doing some stuff tonight on the truck. and i had to reposition my mids and highs amp.

anyways. was putting stuff back together and the RCA's arched so now i have a solid tone playing in my truck. through my whole system.

took out the input rcas(ones that sparked) then it goes away. took out the output rca's and subs stop playing the noise.

so i tried some new rcas and it still does it.

any ideas?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

could have popped the picco fuse in teh pioneer

try your amps with a y rca jack with 2 male rca ends on one end and a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other and hook it to a ipod or cdplayer to make sure the inputs on the amp aint fried

a rca shouldn't arc with the little power going threw it, u might have a short some place, rcas are normally grouned on the outside and the inside pin completes the circuit, u can do the "grounding of the rcas" thing to see if that helps

all i can think of is this^

i think it could be the picco fuse on the rcas that does this, i think thats why i have to ground the rcas on my 680mp headunit, to much messing with stuff with shit rcas, now that i got good ones i leave them alone, its pheonix gold, knu, or kicker rcas from now on, some stingers are shit or mine where

hope u get it fixed :drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i have an alpine HU i havent been able to get the pioneer yet. sorry bout that. and the RCA's arched cause i hit it with an allen key when putting my battery on. so battery ached to the rca. i guess i should have said that first. and ill try to use the ipod through the rca's and see how that goes.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Smoked the deck.

great...any way to check for sure? music will still play. just have that noise in the background. its pretty loud even when the HU volume is at zero

Ipod straight to amp.

No noise= bad deck

Still noise= amp

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ipod straight to amp.

No noise= bad deck

Still noise= amp

okay thanks guys

one question, why is the battery so close to the rcas in the first place? lol

but ya, what ray said, prolly shorted out the rcas on the deck, would this effect speaker level outputs as well or no?

might can keep deck for speaker level outputs and then to rcas if amps are still good till he gets the pioneer

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

one question, why is the battery so close to the rcas in the first place? lol

but ya, what ray said, prolly shorted out the rcas on the deck, would this effect speaker level outputs as well or no?

might can keep deck for speaker level outputs and then to rcas if amps are still good till he gets the pioneer

okay.. well i had to rotate the amp to get all the brackets mounted. because on the MB quart the mounts are plastic.. and i guess they started cracking and the way it was mounted i could only get 3 of the 4 brackets touching the wood. so today i moved everything over and that was basically the only way i could mount it. until i start my new build i wasnt going to build amp racks.

not one of my smartest moments.. but oh well.

Edited by D-train-13k

oh, well hope nothing bad is wrong with it tho

this aint a cheap hobby, hell im amazed they aint came out with fuses for rcas when people run those maxlinks and what knot that ups the voltage to around 10 or so volts, prolly not enough current to do much damage tho