dc xl 12 box ?s

I have a center console type box that I made for a dc level 4 12 for my 02 silverado chew cab that has the dimensions of 30.5"x14x13 using 3/4" mdf. I was wondering if that box would be ok for my xl 12? And what port area should I use for it? It will have to be 12.5"x?. I am using a crescendo bc2000 so i have plenty of power. And which way should my port face if my sub is up? Forward? Up?

This is a pic of the box with the level 4 in it

0611111808.jpg

Edited by sps1989

need a few more details here. do you have any more specs of the box? like port length

i think if you're gonna stick with the center console style enclosure ported up like you have it isn't a bad way to go.

another option for the location of the port is at the bottom of the box firing towards the back. i don't know what that would do to the numbers, but hey, only one way to find out :)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

The port is 2x12.5x23" which is tuned to 33 I believe. But i can make it whatever is necessary. Wider, longer, or whatever needs to be done. And I was thinking about facing the port forward on the bottom cuz it would go right in between the center console and the seat, but I'm not sure yet. And I'm only doing this til I finish my box for behind my back seat for my 3 8s.

She took the metal to school and I gave her a drawing of the port. I added some bracing to the sides to reduce vibration.

I will ask her how it's coming along on the welding.

later.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

The port is 2x12.5x23" which is tuned to 33 I believe. But i can make it whatever is necessary. Wider, longer, or whatever needs to be done. And I was thinking about facing the port forward on the bottom cuz it would go right in between the center console and the seat, but I'm not sure yet. And I'm only doing this til I finish my box for behind my back seat for my 3 8s.

i'll probably get on something after class today. i'm done at 1, but got a little homework to finish up

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.