BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

cant wait to see a video of the flex on this jeep. plan on some deadner because they rattle sooo bad

Im lookin forward to it too!!! The little bit I played the sub in that crap box on 600w had the Jeep shaking like crazy. I have already foamed some of the cavities in the rear of the jeep, and have 2 layers of deadener on the hatch, a little on the front doors too... biggest noise issue ive had so far is that my front dome light smacks around and rattles like a mofo... thats somewhere on the list of crap to take care of...its been raining a lot here lately so I haven't made a ton of progress, but for certain tonight Ill have the pods mounted and powered up...got a lot of little stuff done yesterday, made ground wires, built a distrib. bar for my power wires off the Kinetik, ran my RCA's, remote wires ran,started putting interior back together a bit.. still no more pix..I keep forgetting to get batteries on my way home from work. But I will get some up tonight...I hope...might be to busy listening to it...been a week of driving around with only my 2 rear 6.5s...been killin me. If my Trans Am wasnt hoggin up the garage, Id have been done already...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

^^^ jinxed myself. Relentless rain today= no forward progress at this point.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Sup bruh

Yo....when we gonna see you get a log started?

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 2 weeks later...

Well....sorry lettin this sit for awhile, been kinda hectic lately...

Anyways, the system has been up and running for a few days now, currently only running it at 2 ohm because I havent finished my big 3 yet...to occupied with other shit.....

Took out my ashtray and whipped up a plate to mount my voltmeter and its switch:

voltmeter2.jpg

voltmeter1.jpg

Came out pretty good, nice and clean...I like the switch so I can keep it off at night when Im not pounding..I hate bright shit in my eyes when Im driving.

Got all the wiring for the amps squared up as well:

smamp.jpg

Didnt have a fuse for the brutus, so I threw on this breaker I had laying around, I figure its better than nothing...0ga power and ground, 12ga AB speaker wire:

brzwiring.jpg

bigamp.jpg

I also got my door pods mounted up, they could have benefitted from a little more finish work, but they are still acceptable, to me they sound way nice than having the comp set mounted in the door...its hard to tell, but they are aimed up pretty well, i think that helped too..

podsmounted.jpg

Now I want to build full door panels for something...

For the time being, I am using the crummy ass box the SSA came with when I got it. Before we mounted the sub and threw it in my 7yr old son said we should paint it camo... so we did.lol.

camobox.jpg

Its far from ideal, not tuned right, and is to long to let my rear seats fold up, but itll do for the week until I can go get supplies to assemble its relacement...my work will be much nicer..I promise..

This is what I whipped up to mount all my power cables off the Kinetik, I like this better than an ass load of eyelets bungled up on the 1 post...

kinetik.jpg

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Well thats about it for now....I should be starting on the new box this weekend once I buy the rest of the materials. Shootin for sub up, port up on driver side, 7 to 7.5 cubes after all displacements, tuned to 30ish...

Also plan on doing a head unit upgrade very soon to...

Cant wait to replace this ugly ass particle board mess...

boxnamps.jpg

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived