BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

Whaddup everybody? This is not going to be a wicked huge build or anything all to special...just figured I'd throw up a little log of what Ive got going on...

I've had a system of some sort in nearly every car Ive owned in the past 15 years, but they were always some prefab and a small amp or whatever dude at the best buy or little local shop would tell me to buy... Well Im going to try to step it up a notch and do it a little better this time around in my 2000 Jeep Cherokee,

DSCN5085.jpg

Im trying to do this is quick as my limited budget allows, the system has kind of taken priority at this time....the green fender is a test color for this coming spring when I'll shoot some flat color paint on it.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

...So like the title says, Im trying to do this right, well to the best of my ability at least...and Im on a a budget of sorts, so I have just been Scoring things locally as they come up... Made a trade for the sub, 18" SSA Xcon, d1's

DSCN5121.jpg

DSCN5119.jpg

The Xcon makes that old ass Visonik 15 look tiny..lol

I scored this Kinetik For the awesome price of zero dollars from a dude at work

DSCN5087.jpg

Woot for free batteries...

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Looks like a good start.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

For the time being I am going to be using an old Audiobahn A2002t 2ch for my front stage...

DSCN5116.jpg

It isnt the best best but it'll get it done better than the head unit for the time being...once I score something nicer, it'll get replaced, but I had this laying around from powering a pair of 6x9's about 8 years ago, so free for this build.

I'm planning on running this Hifonics BRZ1700.1D for the Xcon, this was also picked up from a friend for a fair price, and should put out a bit more power than the Audiopipe 1000W mini that was in the Jeep before

DSCN5110.jpg

I have a set of Kenwood 2 way 6.5s that found their way into the stock read locations and I picked up a set of Infinity Reference 6.5 comps I am building pods to mount on the front doors...

DSCN5105.jpg

DSCN5106.jpg

DSCN5109.jpg

Ive never played with fiberglass like this before so I checked out some stuff on here and just kinda went at it....

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

So even though today is my 7 year anniversary, I was able to sneak out to the garage and get the pods finished up. Got em sanded, shoulda sanded a little more though......shot them with a couple coats of rustoleum rattle can bedliner...tossed in some poly fill and threw in the speakers, mounted the cross overs and wired them up...

DSCN5123.jpg

DSCN5122.jpg

Here's what else I've gotten done in the past few days:

Took some 1/4 inch mdf and trimmed out a little panel to mount to rear seat, painted it flat black, and got the amps into position

DSCN5126.jpg

nothing to fancy here, just trying to keep it clean and simple...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

very nice. i have a 2000 Cherokee too. im pretty interested to see how you make your box.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Pods are looking pretty nice for a first go at glassing!

Oh and I'm digging the flat green army look!!!!

Thanks man...theres also 2 other colors in a couple spots too....flst black, and desert tan too... I really like all three and keep bouncing back and forth..usually I think I like the green... but right now Im thinkin murdered out..

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived