alternator install questions

I just picked up a stinger 240 amp alt from a buddy of mine. it was on his '04 tahoe and I will be putting it on my '05 escalade. it came with instructions and a wire harness but I'm a little confused.

The instructions say to plug the supplied 1 wire harness into the alt and connect the wire to an ignition source, that's simple no problems there. then the instructions go on to say "on 2002 and up you will need to bypass the pcm. we have enclosed a gm26 kit with your order. To install, plug pcm bypass plug into vehicle alternator plug" Ok, that makes since. what is confusing me is the next part, "On '05 remove resister from the grey plug and install in the factory harness." I'm not sure if this means to remove the resister that is soldered into the jumper wire on the bypass plug, discard it, then plug the plug in and your done? (do i solder the wires back together where the resister was?) or does this mean the resister needs to be soldered in somewhere in the factory harness? if so it doesn't say where.

can anybody help me out with this? thanks

'05 escalade - now for sale :(

'96 civic hatch - 4 Sundown SA-8's on an Aq2200d

TL numbers coming soon

'00 suburban - 4 AQ sdc2.5 15's on 2 Aq2200d's

153.1db @ 40hz / 150+db on music

now retired

Archived