anybody know of any brand new 5.7 vortecs... $1000 budget

check on having it rebuilt im planning on doing that and the people giving me the name of the guy to have rebuild mine said they had theirs rebuilt for around 1000

A used one is gonna be more than 1k,jasper has rebuilt ones that come with a 3 yr 100,000 mile warranty on parts and labor.but a brand new one will cost about 5k.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

I got mine from a wrecking yard for like 950 it was a factory crate motorthat came out of a wrecked tahoe with less than 50.000 on it. Runs excellant I've put 25.000 on it since feb lol

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

try http://car-part.com or carquest if you have 1 near you .....i looked on car-parts com but there pretty pricey in you area for a used engine if you want new your gonna heve to spend closer to $2500.00 there are some with less than 100k mile but there in my area and shipping would be high as F**K.. good luck hope this helps

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

ive been looking for a while now i was jus wondering if you guys knew of any! ive got my old motor, btw i have a 97 silverado 1500 with the 5.7 vortec.. i hate the intake on that stupid motor.. 4 blown intake gaskets! this time it was leaking water into my oil and i spun a main and rod bearing! soo.. i think im gonna rebuilt it myself i alredy pulled it out and broke it down thats how i know what happened.. and i think i can get a rebuilt kit for like $425 so.. yea i think im gonna rebuilt it!(:

hate to tell you but if you spun a main bearing get ready to go to the machine shop and have the block done take some pictures and post them up like to see the damage. i just rebuilt a 94 vortec 6 cylinder because of a bad main and rod bearing cost around 2500

hate to tell you but if you spun a main bearing get ready to go to the machine shop and have the block done take some pictures and post them up like to see the damage. i just rebuilt a 94 vortec 6 cylinder because of a bad main and rod bearing cost around 2500

i already know this lol i kinda thought you guys would expect that.. you know what your talking about! lol im getting the heads done, block redone and the cylinders honed.. so anyways it'll be practically brand new when im done

ive been looking for a while now i was jus wondering if you guys knew of any! ive got my old motor, btw i have a 97 silverado 1500 with the 5.7 vortec.. i hate the intake on that stupid motor.. 4 blown intake gaskets! this time it was leaking water into my oil and i spun a main and rod bearing! soo.. i think im gonna rebuilt it myself i alredy pulled it out and broke it down thats how i know what happened.. and i think i can get a rebuilt kit for like $425 so.. yea i think im gonna rebuilt it!(:

i make sooooo much money off GM intakes what is the main cause of this is the dex-cool coolant used by GM .it after time will turn very acidy and eat the plastic in the cooling system. the way to fix this issue permanently is to get the *fel pro gaskets* lower intake set that's is metal instead of the plastic (its referred to as the problem solver kit) then instead of using dex cool flush your cooling system with water till it comes out clean.(i use a garden hose& air hose to blow the heater core,rad,and heads out be careful not use to much pressure ) put it back togther run with water and clean oil dump oil and water.re fill with all makes all models anti-freeze and fresh oil with filter....i would do this on the new engine and never have a issue again...like i said i do ALOT of lower intakes on GM's & make sure to get all gasket areas lookin new b4 re Assembly ....good luck

Edited by extremeauto

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator