Design Help with a 1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab

scooter99

So I have a question on a blow thru if I do one. What is the safety factor lost with one? Remember that I have two daughters that I want to keep for a while. So if this isn't completely safe as far as structure goes, then I'm gonna have a hard time convincing the wife to go along!

Can anyone shed some light on this. I'm doing some looking through the site for blow thru builds, and I'm having a hard time with a quick search. I've seen some but I'm trying to find one that really documents the build part of it. Would love some input or thoughts on structural integrity.

depends how you do it.

Most people cut a hole in the back of the cab and the front of the box. Some structural integrity is lost there, but not much.

If you want to retain (and re-inforce) the structural integrity of the cab then you can bolt the box to the cab of the truck rather than to the box of the truck. This can entail a bit more work if your frame twists (meaning the cab and box lose alignment to each other) like on some older trucks. Newer trucks are a bit stiffer in that dept so not as much of an issue.

Overall structural integrity isnt an issue with blow through setups as long as you dont go crazy with the plasma cutter or cutting implement lol :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmmmm!!! So I cleaned out the shop yesterday and found this gem I've been sitting on apparently since I had my last Ford F350. It was an 06. So I got it out and measured it up and measured the truck, and she fits like a glove. My measurements are 64" Wide, 24" Deep, and 18 1/2" Tall. I'm thinking I could use this to build the box in, to keep the weather off it, and then make the blow through! Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm thinking a couple of SMD 15's. I don't think I'll have room to do batteries in there as well or even the amps, but I can figure something else out for those.

IMG00873-20111112-1501.jpg

What does everyone think?!?

My question about a blow through is what do you use to seal off the cabin as well as the box? I know there's some accordion thing, but I have no idea what it's really called, how it works, or where to get it.

Hmmmmmmmmm!!! So I cleaned out the shop yesterday and found this gem I've been sitting on apparently since I had my last Ford F350. It was an 06. So I got it out and measured it up and measured the truck, and she fits like a glove. My measurements are 64" Wide, 24" Deep, and 18 1/2" Tall. I'm thinking I could use this to build the box in, to keep the weather off it, and then make the blow through! Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm thinking a couple of SMD 15's. I don't think I'll have room to do batteries in there as well or even the amps, but I can figure something else out for those.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/99scooter/Truck/Audio%20Build/IMG00873-20111112-1501.jpg

What does everyone think?!?

My question about a blow through is what do you use to seal off the cabin as well as the box? I know there's some accordion thing, but I have no idea what it's really called, how it works, or where to get it.

I think its a good idea.

http://www.accordionboot.com/rubber-accordion-seal-truck-bed

It is very doable too.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/13446-the-flying-white-sausage/

SMD 15s might be a challenge due to their mounting depth.

That's a sweet little build!

Looking at the smd's, they're 15.75" with the mounting stud, and the front to back measurement on the box is 24" or something like that. Would give me plenty of room depth wise I would think, but I'm not very knowledgeable with it, so you guys would know best. On the site, West Coast Car Audio, it's showing that they like 2 - 4 cubes each. So if I did 2 15's, that's about 8 cubes, by those specs, and I'm looking at availability of close to 16.5 cubes. If I'm doing the math right. Should give me plenty of space right?

Plenty of space width wise, again by the site, at 15.625" twice which equals 31.25" and I have 64" to work with which leaves me 32.75" to play with on port etc. Height I'm at about 18.5" so 15's should easily fit in there.

Hmm, what about 3 of them bad boys! Anyone wanna make a design for a box and see what we'd be looking at for 2 or 3 of these?

Lets just say, 3 15's, with a port between each. How would that work?

I'm in for suggestions!

Hey guys, I have another enclosure question. Actually a couple. If I'm looking at the specs on it, and it says for a vented enclosure it recommends a vent size of 11 square inches, and a vent length of 18.5", and I want 4 subs, do I times that number by 4? So I'd be looking at 44 square inches of area and 74" of length? Or is it still 18.5" of length and 44 square inches of area still?

box6q.png

How the shit did u learn how to do that! I want to learn so bad. The port length, diameter, and cubic space confuses the shit outta me

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived