Questions about Scorpion Digital volt meter

So yesterday I picked up a little scorpion digi volt meter to mount up in the jeep....it only has 2 wires coming off of it, red and black. The package says it automatically shuts itself off..... First question= I dont understand how it will automatically turn itself on and off if I wire itdirectly to a battery....will it automatically shut off?...

And second, where should I wire it in? battery up front, the rear kinetik?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Which ever battery you want to monitor. Good luck with it tho...owned 2 of them combined they lasted for about 3 days...lol. buy yourself a stinger.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Which ever battery you want to monitor. Good luck with it tho...owned 2 of them combined they lasted for about 3 days...lol. buy yourself a stinger.

I got it brand new in the package for 5 bux, so i figure its worth a shot... when yours were in and working though, just run hot to battery positive and ground out black? and it worked as it should? auto on and off?

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

it probably sense's when there is no power draw and shuts off after a few secs...i have a digy fuse holder at my rear bats and it turns on when it sense's a draw and shuts off when it stops dropping...kind of suck when u wanna see ur voltage when ur not rockin out...lol i would say for $5 you didnt get hurt...lol

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

I got it brand new in the package for 5 bux, so i figure its worth a shot... when yours were in and working though, just run hot to battery positive and ground out black? and it worked as it should? auto on and off?

i doubt that's gonna work. go to your local radioshack and pick up a simple switch to put inbetween the positive of the batt and the positive lead of the voltmeter

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

^^ easy enough to add in a little switch. I was figuring that Id have to switch it, but as I was reading the package it stated it automatically turned itself on and off....but Im sure I have and old fog light switch or something laying around ill throw that on it just to play it safe.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO