Which headunit...?

It's smd DD-1 it detects clipping so that you can properly set your gains. I think it's around $140 or find someone on here in your area that has one. Its the cheapest tool to accurately set your gains that I know of.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

It's smd DD-1 it detects clipping so that you can properly set your gains. I think it's around $140 or find someone on here in your area that has one. Its the cheapest tool to accurately set your gains that I know of.

My amp and subs = 180...

or you could just turn your amp down to half gain and not go past 75% on the headunit. you probably would be safe there. you'd more than likely be leaving some power on the table. but without knowing if you're clipping DO NOT overpower unless like to use your subs as air fresheners. if so, then you have really expensive tastes :P

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

My amp and subs = 180...

or you could just turn your amp down to half gain and not go past 75% on the headunit. you probably would be safe there. you'd more than likely be leaving some power on the table. but without knowing if you're clipping DO NOT overpower unless like to use your subs as air fresheners. if so, then you have really expensive tastes :P

No shops around Vegas have a DD-1? Like 10$ a tune??

No shops around Vegas have a DD-1? Like 10$ a tune??

not likely. they would probably use an Oscilloscope, which is accurate as well, but the DD-1 is quite a bit more user friendly. to be honest i don't know enough about the two things to tell you the difference, hopefully someone can chime in here and enlighten us.

i'd call around and ask some shops if they set gains and what their prices are. make sure they don't just set the gains by ear, and actually use some sort of testing equipment.

otherwise you could ask around on this forum and see if anybody is near you with a DD-1. i'm sure for 10 or 15 bucks they would be willing to set your gains.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.