Sonic Electronix

Hello all,

I've got a 2006 F-150. I listen mainly to rap and techno, but I play a lot of rock and alternative too.

I currently have a JL Stealthbox with a single JL 10" W3v3 subwoofer and a JL XD600/1 amplifier.

I recently caught sight of the Fox Acoustics sub box for my truck that can accommodate two of the same woofers that are in my truck, which no other box can do without requiring a seat lift...

So, for not TOO much more $, I could ditch the stealthbox and effectively (if I'm correct) double my bass output.

Am I incorrect in thinking this? I know the JL box was specifically designed for my truck with my sub, etc, etc. I haven't experimented with subwoofer systems enough to know the difference in performance of a single 10 in a ported box compared to 2 10s in a sealed box (but I'd assume that adding a second woofer certainly wouldn't make it any quieter...)

Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also, in the worst case (ie. me deciding that I absolutely hate the new setup), I'm sure I can find someone with no bass in a truck like mine who would be willing to pay near retail for the box and subs if I threw in installing it too. They'd just have to cover the cost of an amp.

The same thing applies to the JL box if I love the new setup; I could likely sell and install it for not too drastic of a loss.

Basically I just don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have 2 boxes and 3 woofers but only 1 truck. The more I think about it though, I don't think that'll end up being that much of a problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 ported might be louder than 2 sealed. Sealed just doesn't have the same output.

Not saying that jl is bad but you can get as good or better for cheaper.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

should be better 1 10 sealed for a truck is not very much bass just try to have the same clearance off the sub as the jl box did

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived