Second Skin Audio

Need Help picking 2 new 12"s

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on subwoofers, and I am wanting 2 12"s. Right now I have a "starter setup" that is a t600.2 Rockford Fosgate amp with 2 12" JL W1 Subs. I want too upgrade, so I want too ask you guys who are much more knowledgeable in the subject for help. from what I hear about this amp you can have it push 300 RMS bridged, and 200 RMS regularly connected, is this true? I don't know much about impedence yet. I'm looking too keep the same amp.

Anway, here are some options i'm looking at:

1. 2 FI X 12"s , These seem too be a good choice from a reliable company.

2. 2 Diamond Audio D3's , I hear they have amazing sound quality, so their a possibilty.

3. 2 Sundown E series (when they come out) I've heard nothing but good things about sundown.

4. 2 Audioque Street Duty SDC2.5 12" D4's, Another product im looking at.

These are all just ideas I seen or I was recommended too one. If you guys think a differant set up would be better, please let me know! I'm new too car audio and I want an upgrade. Another option I was looking at was 2 sundown SA - 12"s paired with a sundown 1200D monoblock, but that would cost a decent amount more.

Thank you all that help me decide!

ive had 2 of the street duty 10's for almost a year..awesome subs IMO..sound pretty good and can still get loud..just some personal experience :drinks:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

says this on RF's site.

200 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm

300 Watts x 2 @ 2-Ohm

600 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm Bridged

if you bought the amp new, it will come with a birthsheet stating how much power it actually outputs (probably somewhere close to 800-900 bridged at 4 ohms)

question i have is, are you going to upgrade the amp? or are you just getting new woofers and a box?

AQs or Fi imo on the subs listed

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

^^ good question i didnt read how much power he had

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I was planning on keeping the same amp, so bridged would provide more power? Thank you all who posted so far!

yeah bridging an amp is essentially just combining two stereo channels into a single mono channel. however when you bridge an amp, the lowest ohm load you can run doubles. so 2 2 ohm stable channels will turn into 1 4 ohm stable channel. bridging will combine both channels' power, hence why 300 x 2 turns into 600 x 1.

I was planning on keeping the same amp, so bridged would provide more power? Thank you all who posted so far!

yeah bridging an amp is essentially just combining two stereo channels into a single mono channel. however when you bridge an amp, the lowest ohm load you can run doubles. so 2 2 ohm stable channels will turn into 1 4 ohm stable channel. bridging will combine both channels' power, hence why 300 x 2 turns into 600 x 1.

Ahh Alright, thank you! Right now it seems like two votes for the Audioque's, one Fi. Any other input? If their is another brand you would reccomend for the power I can push please let me know!

maybe some dc level 2's. i mean you cant go wrong with either option. choose whichever one fits your budget and space requirements. are you going to be building a new box for whichever woofer you end up choosing?