Sonic Electronix

Ok I need some help guys. I have a soundstream XXX 18 sub in a 2002 Ford ranger extended cab on a Hifonics Colossus with only 2 of the 4 coils hooked up. Here's my problem: there's another kid in town that has a single cab truck that he plans on putting 2 15" kicker cvx's and a kicker l7 15... And I'm planning on buying a tahoe xlt this week... Would that soundstream xxx 18 be louder in a Tahoe, rather being in my little truck? And by my calculations, if he runs his 2 kicker cvxs, an his l7 at full power. He could only run 3k RMS at most! And I plan on running my Soundstream on 2 Hifonics Colossus 3200 watt RMS each amps, with the full electrical to back it up... My question is, since I would have a lot of airspace, would my single 18" soundstream on 6,400 watts RMS, be louder than his 3 kicker 15s on 3,000 RMS in his single cab pickup? Or would I need 2 soundstream 18s to make up for the airspace? Thanks guys

Edited by CJSmith

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

plz read the rule...no vs topic

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

That xxx will show a 1 Ohm load if it is wired correctly. What is your problem ?

Be sure to run it in an optimal box. You will have room for that kind of big box.

running 2 cvx AND a L7 will not sound really good IMO. Your setup will be much cleaner sounding.

But that is a lot of power for an xxx. 3000 watts will be enough. All is in the install. 2 amps like yours may be good for spl burps, but more than 6000 w rms on music on a single sub. I would be afraid to do that. I've seen so many XXX blown. You won't be able to run those 2 amps at 1 Ohm each. Impossible !!!

10 000 w rms is a joke for music listening, on one sub.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.