Need some suggestions...

I did a polish with an orbital. I hadnt touched the truck with anything electrical since I've owned. I clay barred it 6 months ago on the lower panels to get off tar and crap. I used to orbit and 2 stage polish my last black truck every 3-4 months. I HATE clay barring, but it works.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You sir, ALSO have a great looking truck. I've been needing to get the stance of my truck down in the neighborhood of where you are. I only did 2 inch drop shackles when it was new because stepsides seem like they are really tall in the back. I can give you any of the number on my box that you would like, I have them all memorized.

It looks like my length and yours is really close to the same, as I made mine fit between the b-pillar trim panels. Length is right at 56". Height fits right underneath the trim panel that runs the length of the cab and that is 14". Top depth is 7" and bottom depth is 10". The port is 2" wide and a total if I believe 27.5". The square portion of the port running parallel with the back of the box is 18" long by 12.5" height. It gives me something like 12.xx cubes per foot and internal displacements of port and subs is right at 2 cubes. I'm tuned to low 33 hz as well.

As far as fabrication, I used birch for the box all all dimensions. I just did fleece, resin, fiberglass, resin, fiberglass, resin to the point you see it now. I also do NOT use 3M fiberglass resin and hardener. I get my stuff from a local guy that runs a specialty shop for fiberglass fabrication supplies. So the resin I use is easier to work as its thinner. I used 1 and a half ounce chop may for all the glass work.

My next step in the process is to sand like crazy and get everything flat, then I'll MAKE it flat with auto body filler. I'll be using Rage brand Gold series, as once again, it us much easier to sand and is great to work with. More sanding will take place and then I'll gel-coat to give a nice hard, smooth surface. Then it'll be time for primer and paint. Im not completely decided on a color, but I'm gonna do a couple sketch ups first. If it won't look crazy off centered(because of placement of the subs) is like to line it out and stripe it same color as my truck. Onyx black with silver racing stripes. If I can't get that to look right, I'll do a silver all over.

I hope this response wasn't too lengthy, and I'm sure I left some things out. Let me know(if I haven't scared you off) if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you sir. I bought the truck with the drop I'm pretty sure its just a normal 4/6 drop on it. Ride is good but they didn't do c-notches so you know when you bottom out.

Your measurements are pretty much dead on with mine. The 8's sound good I just want to go louder and deeper.

ur brave! I wouldnt even think about anything moving faster than my hand on black paint :good:

With proper technique you wont do anything wrong. I do some detailing on the side with a porter cable polisher and I just did my buddies 04 black chevy with great results. You just have to keep everything clean, dirt and contaminates are the main things that will put swirls back in your paint when claybarring, waxing, or polishing.

Looks good... More pics please.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

I'm still working on the box. It's quite a process, and as anal as I am, it's gonna have to be perfect before it ever sees primer and paint. I'm thinking maybe I'm wanting the whole box the same silver that I striped my truck with? Does anyone think this would be a good idea? I'm not opposed to all black either, because I know it will be straight enough for that.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived