Numatik's Bagged 2004 Silverado

Not to take anything away from the new truck but since that one made it and the s20 is more extreme and custom it should definitely have a very good chance of being in minitruckin also!

And if there is something the SMD community could do to help out you know we got your back. ;)

PS:

I wish you were closer, I would definitely volunteer to help with the bodywork and I might be able to learn some of that bagging skillz you got.

Keep it up bro!!!

Not to take anything away from the new truck but since that one made it and the s20 is more extreme and custom it should definitely have a very good chance of being in minitruckin also!

And if there is something the SMD community could do to help out you know we got your back. ;)

PS:

I wish you were closer, I would definitely volunteer to help with the bodywork and I might be able to learn some of that bagging skillz you got.

Keep it up bro!!!

Thanks bro!!! That means alot! I think what got the Silvy in truckin was the paint, rims, tank setup and center console. I respect it, its alot of work, but the trucks I like in magazines are over the top fabrication. Like the ones with tube frames and crazy sheetmetal work, I think those ones deserve it more, but it does make me happy it did make it tho.

I like weird builds, with no 'cookie cutter' bolt on parts. The silvy has lots of them, but so do alot of people. People who build frames from scratch like I did have wayyyyyy more hours of work into the trucks they build and it really shows in the end. The only cookie cutter bolt on parts on the S-20 are the control arms. Also the S-20 has two body drops which 99.9% of people dont do, which is a Traditional / Stock Floor bodydrop totaling in over 7 1/2in bodydrop. God was it alot of work with alot still to go.

I cant wait to get it done, but still has a ways to go. Im still shooting for this show season, but it isnt looking good... I may just plan to post pone so I can work without rushing at all. Waiting an extra season wont be the end of the world, and I should be able to drive it in between :)

I really wish you were closer too, it would be awesome to hang and would love the help. Im hoping to get a few locals over when its bodywork time, cause its gonna be tedious. With multiple people we should be able to bang it out in a day with sore hands

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

Oh boy look what I found today.......I dont know this happened but its new, and VERY ODD.....

Here is how it looks up close. these marks are only on the driver side

DSCN4193.jpg

DSCN4192.jpg

DSCN4191.jpg

DSCN4190.jpg

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS? IM HEATED. It like follows the flames, I think its just proof that this truck had a shit ass paint job, especially with all the imperfections I found the day I bought it with the pinstriping fucked as well.......

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

Talked to some paint people and they all said it was probably due to trash while masking, and it's just now showing up cause the paint and clear is de-laminating where that trash is. Sucks, but this truck will be getting painted, I just dont know how soon

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

PS:

Keep it up bro!!!

Thanks bro!!! That means alot! I think what got the Silvy in truckin was the paint, rims, tank setup and center console. I respect it, its alot of work, but the trucks I like in magazines are over the top fabrication. Like the ones with tube frames and crazy sheetmetal work, I think those ones deserve it more, but it does make me happy it did make it tho.

I like weird builds, with no 'cookie cutter' bolt on parts. The silvy has lots of them, but so do alot of people. People who build frames from scratch like I did have wayyyyyy more hours of work into the trucks they build and it really shows in the end. The only cookie cutter bolt on parts on the S-20 are the control arms. Also the S-20 has two body drops which 99.9% of people dont do, which is a Traditional / Stock Floor bodydrop totaling in over 7 1/2in bodydrop. God was it alot of work with alot still to go.

I cant wait to get it done, but still has a ways to go. Im still shooting for this show season, but it isnt looking good... I may just plan to post pone so I can work without rushing at all. Waiting an extra season wont be the end of the world, and I should be able to drive it in between :)

I really wish you were closer too, it would be awesome to hang and would love the help. Im hoping to get a few locals over when its bodywork time, cause its gonna be tedious. With multiple people we should be able to bang it out in a day with sore hands

I also would rather take my time and get it done right bro. and by looking at the custom work done to the s20 so far I cant even imagine what you got planned for the paint, I just know its gonna be sick.And whenever you are ready for the paint LMK I might be able to hook you up with some bad-ass prices, being that my bro works at a autobody supply store in sales means he can pretty much hook it up propper!

Talked to some paint people and they all said it was probably due to trash while masking, and it's just now showing up cause the paint and clear is de-laminating where that trash is. Sucks, but this truck will be getting painted, I just dont know how soon

Yeah does look like the clear is de-laminating around the flames, my first guess was that the truck was originally black and that when they added the flames they didn't do a very good job prepping that area!

Like I mentioned above, when you're ready for paint hit me up with a paint code of the color you want.Or we can arrange for you to send me a sample of the color you chose and I can get it color matched here.

I also would rather take my time and get it done right bro. and by looking at the custom work done to the s20 so far I cant even imagine what you got planned for the paint, I just know its gonna be sick.And whenever you are ready for the paint LMK I might be able to hook you up with some bad-ass prices, being that my bro works at a autobody supply store in sales means he can pretty much hook it up propper!

Like I mentioned above, when you're ready for paint hit me up with a paint code of the color you want.Or we can arrange for you to send me a sample of the color you chose and I can get it color matched here.

Thats what im really leaning towards these days. Two days ago I threw out my back and im still down for the count. With spontaneous health problems like this makes deadlines alot harder to hit you know? I get so down on myself about it but theres nothing I can do right now except sit in my recliner.

I appreciate the compliments on the S-20, and GOD could I use your help on the body work, cause its gonna be difficult. Patch panels everywhere, custom body panels, short bed, false floored bed floor, flush wheel tubs with top of bed, shaved rear cab wall, shaved doors, shaved antenna, shaved gas door, molded rollpan, shaved tailgate, diamond plate firewall, etc etc etc etc plus one more secret body mod I dont think I have leaked out yet.... All the shaves are easy, iv done them multiple times, but the major body mods are different. Its not like just slapping body filler and sanding, its making the shape right and using kitty hair to build out areas that are like 1/64" off at the most. I want it perfect but its gonna be real real hard to do.

I appreciate the offer for paint, but my primary concern is the prep I need help with. Once paint prep is done, the S-20 will probably goto Anderson Bros for paint if I like how they do my Silverado (they have been in so many magazines its unreal, its just gonna be expensive and im going to have to save). If you can help get some Rage Evercoat, kitty hair, some big blocks, rolls of multiple grades of sand paper and other supply for cheap , you would be my hero and I would find a way to hit you back, I have connections too, just not paint :/ ...

If I get you a paint code you can mix and sell me the paint??? Oh yeah bro, were def gonna talk.... Thanks brotha, I really appreciate the help 10 fold

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Yeah, so far my brother has gotten me the best prices locally for anything auto-body that I've needed. the only issue is that getting the rage shipped might take away from the saving. But shoot me a list of the items you might want and I can try to get you some prices put together.

But so far the saving on the paints have been the most intense. If you know about paint you know that a custom color could cost up to $700-$1000 for a gallon due to the amount pearl/metals that it might have. for example the gallon of paint I had him mix up for my truck was estimated around $600-700 but he wrote it off as a oem grey and I got it for 250.

And yeah with just the paint code they can mix it up. Only issue is that the color might not match perfectly due to the oem paint being exposed to the sun it usually has slight sun damage. Thats why most shops usually send a part or swatch that they want the paint matched to.But if its gonna be a full paint job then there is no problem because the whole car will be the same shade, this only matters for when you wanna paint a part and not go through the trouble of blending the part to the adjacent panels.

I also appreciate the offer on the hook ups, you can never know too many ppl. ;)

Yeah, so far my brother has gotten me the best prices locally for anything auto-body that I've needed. the only issue is that getting the rage shipped might take away from the saving. But shoot me a list of the items you might want and I can try to get you some prices put together.

But so far the saving on the paints have been the most intense. If you know about paint you know that a custom color could cost up to $700-$1000 for a gallon due to the amount pearl/metals that it might have. for example the gallon of paint I had him mix up for my truck was estimated around $600-700 but he wrote it off as a oem grey and I got it for 250.

And yeah with just the paint code they can mix it up. Only issue is that the color might not match perfectly due to the oem paint being exposed to the sun it usually has slight sun damage. Thats why most shops usually send a part or swatch that they want the paint matched to.But if its gonna be a full paint job then there is no problem because the whole car will be the same shade, this only matters for when you wanna paint a part and not go through the trouble of blending the part to the adjacent panels.

I also appreciate the offer on the hook ups, you can never know too many ppl. ;)

I am not currently to the stage of paint prep, on either trucks, I still have alot of fabrication to do on the S-20. BUT you will be the first person I contact when its time!

I have a shop thats gonna spray it, but if I get the paint etc myself it will save me alot of money!! With the S-20 its probably going to be a two tone or one solid color, and my silverado im not sure yet. I am going to be doing all the paint prep on the S-20 and its gonna need quite a bit of shit. I'll have to price shipping etc on short strand kitty hair and rage extreme and plastic putty knive kind of things ( i dont know what there called but you get the idea) sand paper on rolls etc etc etc.

Thats good info, i'm still learning this paint stuff, and I leanr more every day. Hopefully the style paint I want on both trucks is easy and not a pita! We will see when the time comes. Thanks bro lets def keep in touch, forums are amazing for networking people, I love it

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

I am not currently to the stage of paint prep, on either trucks, I still have alot of fabrication to do on the S-20. BUT you will be the first person I contact when its time!

I have a shop thats gonna spray it, but if I get the paint etc myself it will save me alot of money!! With the S-20 its probably going to be a two tone or one solid color, and my silverado im not sure yet. I am going to be doing all the paint prep on the S-20 and its gonna need quite a bit of shit. I'll have to price shipping etc on short strand kitty hair and rage extreme and plastic putty knive kind of things ( i dont know what there called but you get the idea) sand paper on rolls etc etc etc.

Thats good info, i'm still learning this paint stuff, and I leanr more every day. Hopefully the style paint I want on both trucks is easy and not a pita! We will see when the time comes. Thanks bro lets def keep in touch, forums are amazing for networking people, I love it

Sounds good bro just hit me up whenever, I'm also following both your builds so we'll keep in touch for sure!

Archived