Sundown Audio

are these brands any good?

voxigenboy

you blew the tweeters because you're driving the amp too hard. it isnt because the amp is too small, its because you're trying to make the amp output more power than it actually can (aka clipping). you can put a 5w amp on your speakers and not blow them, if you dont push the amp past its limits.

damn.. well, maybe i'm just deaf and need to have it super loud to enjoy it.. ;)

are you suggesting then that i settle with turning the volume down? ;(

you blew the tweeters because you're driving the amp too hard. it isnt because the amp is too small, its because you're trying to make the amp output more power than it actually can (aka clipping). you can put a 5w amp on your speakers and not blow them, if you dont push the amp past its limits.

damn.. well, maybe i'm just deaf and need to have it super loud to enjoy it.. ;)

Turn down the gain on the amp will help you not send a clipped signal. Or you can get a stronger amp to send a cleaner power

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

audiopipe ap line.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

well yeah. having the volume up too high (or the gain too high, or a combo of both) can send a clipped signal to your speakers. an alternative is getting a bigger amp, like trey_dog said. so either turn the volume down, get a bigger amp, or keep wasting money on new speakers.