Sonic Electronix

I have a 15in dc level 3 hooked up to a massive audio n2 nano block amplifier running at 1ohm. When i crank it i get major voltage drops and was wondering whether to invest in a small agm battery or ho alternator? I have already done the big 3 and it is only a 70amp alternator now. Thanks

First of all yes get a battery it will help a lot. What size wire are you running? an alt would always help..

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

4 gauge to amp, and 0 gauge for big 3

I would go with a battery in the back be for an alt... also where are you testing voltage and how?

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

voltage at battery is steady 14.4 when running, however it can dip as low as 12 volts when playing

Yeah I would say you're probably at a lower voltage by the time it reaches your amp and that could be bad for the amp.. get a battery but make sure its not a car battery that could cause problems also

Edited by DK99

by car battery you mean a simple lead acid battery? I was thinking of just running a small kinetik hc600 due to space issues

Yes .....A car battery is a wet cell. Kenetik is great they are dry cell.. get the kenetik

Edited by DK99

Your amp does 800Wrms (rated). Its Class D so a ballpark 80% efficiency means it pulls around 1000W.

Given a 13.8V supply, you're looking at 72amps of draw (not counting other amps, etc).

That's maxing out your alternator. So you are using some reserve from your batteries a lot.

Your 4ga wire to the amp is also rated for only about 80amps so you're at the limit of the wire too.

Increasing to 0 gauge wire would help a lot, along with a bigger alternator (and the battery that you've mentioned).

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Switch out wire to all zero... And a get new batteries you'll be fine... What kinda automobile is it

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick: