Audioengine and DigitalDesign

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a good audio setup for a room and I really like the Audioengine A5+ but I want some more bass, so I was wondering if I could add a DigitalDesigns PS1 subwoofer to the setup? I don't know much about home audio

Thanks

Patrick

If just to add some bass, sure. If you want a higher-end experience, look into the PS2 (if sticking with that brand.)

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=300-760

A hell of a powered sub

If you can afford to get the 12" or 15" then do it.

They sell the Titanic assembled as well, but you pay a lot more. It's pretty easy to assemble though.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Well just got this home, I have plugged it in, the little red LED flashed on for half a second and then it stopped. No LED and no sound.

I am hooking this up from an AE N22 amp line out to the RCA input on the sub

So I am assuming that the LED should be on at all times, I know it has a function where it goes into sleep mode.

edit: just RTFM and I think that it's red LED on then green when it's getting a signal.

If anyone can confirm this is what theirs does that would be great. At this point it's looking to me like it is dead

With no RCAs connected at all and the sub just plugged in it wont turn on

Tried it in a couple of different power sockets

well I've chucked in a support ticket with PCCG and I'm taking this thing back, all the same, any help is greatly appreciated, just let me know what your LEDs do and what the power socket/cord is like

Cheers~!

Also what about this - the power lead seems a bit loose where it plugs into the sub - the cord is bog standard 2 pin female in like a figure 8 shape and the hole where it goes in the sub is the same but one side is flat

Maybe I have a US sub with an Aussie plug?

N22 amp has the same lead but the socket where the lead goes in is not flat on one side and the plug goes in further

Maybe I am clutching at straw, just a lot don't seem right

Archived