Jump to content

Help me choose mid bass and mid range


JZeFF

Recommended Posts

Posted

I already have 4 crescendo super tweets and an mbquart 4 channel to power them.

a jbl gtx47 crossover to handle the separation of frequencies.

And I have a dc 175.4 to use for the mid range and mid bass speakers that I end up purchasing.

I plan on making full custom fiberglass door panels, and probably putting the tweets in the pillars up front.

My original plan was to use only the super tweets and get 4 neo pro 8's and do 2 per door, but my X/O gives me the possibility of doing a full 3 way.

I want to make sure I go over all my options before I buy anything.

I'm looking for loud, and decent sounding, which is why the neo pros were my original choice.

I'm not trying to head into spending serious SQ money.

So yeah, throw out your ideas... I'm interested in hearing as many opinions as possible.

Oh, and if the crescendo super tweets were a terrible choice, let me know an affordable alternative and I may get those instead.

Thanks guys

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Posted

Bump for input

:good:

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Posted

selenium 6.5's, i've heard the pyle 6.5's are pretty good for like 11 bucks a piece lol but from experience with the neo pro 8's they are pretty dam beast. The audioque bullet tweets are good, i have a buddy who has them.. not sure what other input your looking for. Hope that helps some?

"This next song goes out to everyone within a 5 block radius"

Posted

sounds like my doors. 2 neo pro 8s and 2 crescendo super tweets + an 8 in the kick.

*edit - oh ya, i think it sounds pretty awesome :good:

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Posted

sounds like my doors. 2 neo pro 8s and 2 crescendo super tweets + an 8 in the kick.

*edit - oh ya, i think it sounds pretty awesome :good:

Care to show some pics? Maybe even a video?

Is the 8 in the kick one of the neo pros? Or is it something else.

I just want people to throw out ideas for me, so that I don't get tunnel vision and make a bad purchase.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Posted

228963_2029910225630_1180320105_31952216_6898126_n.jpg

249377_2029910025625_1180320105_31952215_7768377_n.jpg

250248_2038646044020_1180320105_31962579_6084005_n.jpg

198778_2038645804014_1180320105_31962578_3925738_n.jpg

8s got quite a bit louder than in the vid once i got them on all 4 channels of the 200.4 :)

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Posted

228963_2029910225630_1180320105_31952216_6898126_n.jpg

249377_2029910025625_1180320105_31952215_7768377_n.jpg

250248_2038646044020_1180320105_31962579_6084005_n.jpg

198778_2038645804014_1180320105_31962578_3925738_n.jpg

8s got quite a bit louder than in the vid once i got them on all 4 channels of the 200.4 :)

nice !!! what song was that???

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1284 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...