Sonic Electronix

sound pressure destroys my trunk lock

i have a mercedes 560sec and presently have the box ported thru the rear deck. which does sound pretty good but just like any other bandpass box it struggles with certain notes. i play a lot of different music from dubstep to slipknot. anyway when i had a regular ported box in there it sounded awesome right up until it blew my locking mechanism apart. i had to use some inginuity and strong ass glue to get it back to workin. now heres my dilemma i want a reular ported box back in there but i need something to lock my trunk because it will make my mechanism fail. before you ask i have two fi ssd 12s, crossfirevr2000, jl 300/4 and a ton of dynamt and foam in the trunk. any ideas on what to use?

heres a lil flex vid just because lol

lol thanks. but the actual problem is that the lockin mechanism has plastic parts that just end up shattering. one installer said he could put some aftermarket kit on it but wouldnt tell me what kind unless i committed to using his shop, which sounded a lil fishy to me.

lol thanks. but the actual problem is that the lockin mechanism has plastic parts that just end up shattering. one installer said he could put some aftermarket kit on it but wouldnt tell me what kind unless i committed to using his shop, which sounded a lil fishy to me.

eh, he just wants to sell it to you at his price and make a little money instead of you finding it elsewhere for cheaper.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Archived