Sundown Audio

Amp's on but no sound

SpawnZ

I've had a 4 channel amplifier for my 6 1/2's and 6x9's for some time now, recently it started cutting out and making quite a weird fuzz sound when I cranked it a bit too loud. More recently, the amplifier turns on, but the speakers don't play. The fuses look fine, any suggestions? I also noticed tonight that when I stomped on the breaks a bit, it came on for a couple of seconds but then shut right off. Protect mode has never came on.

Had that problem on the rear left 6x9 in my car... Just secure the terminals on the speaker, then remove the wires from the amp and check if any of the wires have fallen off. If so restrip the wire and attach it back on the amp again.

After that just double check your ground/power cable as well as RCAs.

In the case for my car, it was a loose negative speaker terminal on the 6x9. Pushing it on firmly solved the problem. The speaker would maybe be ok at low volumes, then make a horrible fuzzy noise when turned up at all.

Went through all the wires and when I checked the power wire, it looks like it melted. I noticed the wire would get extremely hot when I was just sitting in battery mode, not really when I had the car actually running.

Is there any other way this could've happened?

Went through all the wires and when I checked the power wire, it looks like it melted. I noticed the wire would get extremely hot when I was just sitting in battery mode, not really when I had the car actually running.

take the power wire out of the car completely and replace it. melting insulation is a HUGE fucking problem. it could be caused by shorting against another piece of metal or wire. is the fuse/fuse holder melted or show any burn marks at all? it can also be caused by not having tight connections at the fuse holder, or at the amp, or any place where a strong connection needs to be made.

take the power wire out of the car completely and replace it. melting insulation is a HUGE fucking problem. it could be caused by shorting against another piece of metal or wire. is the fuse/fuse holder melted or show any burn marks at all? it can also be caused by not having tight connections at the fuse holder, or at the amp, or any place where a strong connection needs to be made.

Replaced the wire, I really have no idea what the problem was. Did a good 2 hours of driving and touched the end of the wire... ice cold. I guess it's fixed.. for now.

Thanks for the help.

Archived