Second Skin Audio

Box help for level 4 15

So I'm making a box for a level 4 15" in the trunk of my 03 Chrysler searing convertible. I was thinking outer dimensions of 35" x 17" x 15.5" all in 3/4 MDF and with a 6" PVC port 28.5 inches long. I think that tunes it to like 29 Hz. I want it to sound good cuz I'm not usin it for comps at all just want a good sounding daily that can get loud. I think I'm going to rear fire the sub and the port and have a 90* bend in the PVC

Does this sound like it will work good? This is my first box build so I'm a noob and any help is appreciated. Also any suggestions that will make it sound better would be awesome!

Edited by Pro7

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

i'd probably do a double baffle with the level 4. the thing is pretty powerful

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Oh yeah good idea. But I realized I don't have enough port area do I? So should I use 2 aero ports? Or should I just try a slot but I'm not too thrilled with my box making skills so I was gonna try to keep it simple

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

well if you can get away with one big one, it's usually better for airflow than multiple small ones.

just out of curiosity, how did you come up with those numbers?

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I got asked a guy (XtremeRevolution) on diymobileaudio dot Com to model a box for a different 15" sub but I changed my mind to the dc So really I probably need a new design but this is the second thread I've asked about a box and ur the most help I've got so thanks! I'm just kind of overwhelmed by how to start a new design. Should I use a 6" PVC? Or would larger be better?

yeah you might want a new design if you changed subs. shoot me a pm sometime if you like and we can go from there.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

3.4 cubes tuned to 33hz. i used 3 4in pvc tubes 23in long. it doesnt need a double baffle as long as the box is solid.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Where do you get 3.4 cubes? Or are you saying that's what I should make it to?