Tried "Fixing Clipping"

So I have been going through a bunch of songs that I listen to daily & put them into Audacity & noticed that alot of them were pretty Red, Clipped & have amplitudes of -1.5 & up, I have been trying different ways to help round out the clipped waveforms & here's the best one that I've "Cleaned Up" so far. So I was wondering if my version is any better than the original & safe to play.

Here is an example.

Top one is my version & Bottom is original.

SAM_0036.jpg

Edited by eltortuga94

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

bump. ide like to hear someone with more knowledge than me chime in. but it seems rounded out considerably

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

it does look a hell of a lot better but at the end of the day the only way u fix true cliping is to keep it clean in th studio from the start

even tho this look great may even sound great it will still do damage over time unless its slight clips every now and then

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

and is it just me or have u lost freq doing this :shrug:

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

The problem with trying to fix a clipped track is your just masking the problem that will always be there, either you have a clipped track or you don't. Not everything in audacity with red means its clipped in the sub portion where your most likely to run into problems with ruining equipment, there are times where they just simply used to much master gain during the final stage of producing.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The problem with trying to fix a clipped track is your just masking the problem that will always be there, either you have a clipped track or you don't. Not everything in audacity with red means its clipped in the sub portion where your most likely to run into problems with ruining equipment, there are times where they just simply used to much master gain during the final stage of producing.

hes talking about the wave not red lines...

so turning a square wave (clipped) into a more round or completely smooth wave means your still just masking it? or since its squared does it just mean its fucked altogether?

CLIPPED is always clipped and useless, your not fixing the song as it was meant to be which is why some songs decaf can't do anything to because the clipping is not repairable. Just cause you rounded the wave doesn't mean it fixed it and in fact you may have masked the other clipping that is there in the higher hertz frequencies you aren't seeing.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2