Sonic Electronix

could a RCA line driver reduce alternator whine? I have one laying around, and thought i would install it just to see if it would.

it is best to remove the noise rather than try to cover it up.

i've tried everything lol. I'm thinking it may be in the amp. Im sending it off for repair in a few day's, but figured if the line driver made the noise go away then I wouldn't have to send it in

line driver wont make the noise go away. Best case senario is that the amp is where the noise enters your system and adding a line driver gives you signal head room and lets you lower your amps gain. More signal, less noise. But the noise will still be there AND if there is noise entering the system, there is something wrong. You are not doing yourself any favors by keeping the noise in your system.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

line driver wont make the noise go away. Best case senario is that the amp is where the noise enters your system and adding a line driver gives you signal head room and lets you lower your amps gain. More signal, less noise. But the noise will still be there AND if there is noise entering the system, there is something wrong. You are not doing yourself any favors by keeping the noise in your system.

well in that case I will just send my amp off and not try the line driver. Thanks for your time

Archived