Sonic Electronix

Any Idea What Could Be Causing This?

Couple days ago I wired everything together to make sure everything works before I finished trimming everything off, Figured out the max headunit volume and gain etc. Then started to play the system and let it go for about 20mins, I then turned my RCA Level controller all the way down and noticed my subs where "rumbling" I guess is how you could explain it so I shut my truck off and they kinda quietly went "thump" I had a problem with it doing this before I did my rebuild but sense then I have ALL New RCAS,RCA Level controller,A brand new DC5k,Brand new LVL5s etc, Everything is new except for the headunit. So I figured the problem must be the radio because that is the only thing that is not new and i was having this problem before, I ordered a new one which should be here in a few days so i will see if that fixes my problem, But It could also be my Remote? but that wouldn't cause the "Rumble" As for how everything is wired. I have the big 3 up front, 1 Run of power off the ALT to the back batteries and 1 run from the front battery to the back, then 2 runs of ground from the front batter to the backs, Then the 5k is hooked directly right up to the batteries in the back. The remote wire goes into the 5k then I have another that goes from the 5k to the 4 channel. All my RCAs are ran on one side of the truck and the 0gauge and remote is ran on the other side if that matters.

Thanks.

Edited by LoudNLow931

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Have you grounded the rca outputs?

No I haven't, I did read though that pioneers have that problem. I'm hoping the new one(Well its a refurb like mine, I dont like the new pioneers) will fix this lol. If not I will try grounding the outputs.

Edited by LoudNLow931

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

My Youtube

Feedback

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I found a few, dont want to post it cause its another caraudio forum, but basically do this with every RCA output...?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/lilnick510/DSCF0992.jpg

Edited by LoudNLow931

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

My Youtube

Feedback

The link I posted shows step by step directions to fix it. Yeah do it to all the outputs

Edited by vettedude102

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I had the same problem with an avalanche, problem turned out to be the balasts for the HIDs, But your problem sounds like its most likely a ground loop issue.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!