Nine8SST's 1998 Dodge Ram SS/T

No...never have had any setup metered actually. The problem with the box and amp rack I have going on is that I really like proportion. I'm starting to think a console box that flows and molds nicely to the floor and dash may be the way I want to go. I don't need a center seat, just an arm rest and I'll be happy. With that setup, I could do a concealed amp rack behind each seat that also incorporates a bit of storage for the jack and lug wrench and whatever else. My experience, albeit limited, and what I have researched tells me that sub up and port out the back would be the loudest if I do a console? What do you think?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

You have the sane generation Ram I do, so you already know how big the cab is....can easily fit 4 cubes between the seats...not that I need that much, but its possible.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I built a 3 cube box for a 15 in the center with room to use the cup holders, and probably 8" in front of the back wall, and it was very comfy. Ive seen 3 15'scube behind the seat of a truck like ours ( granted i think the kid is 5'5"). I guess its all up to what you think you can stand to daily drive. Haha.

I definately need the seat all the way back....I'm not tall, 5'10".....but I have this thing with confined spaces LOL!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

You make me wanna get cracking on my box man. My fiberglass project is still sitting in the garage. I need to get my huge ass compressor hooked up so I can shoot the paint on it too. So I have a project BEFORE my project. You're making great progress man, keep up the solid work, it's looking awesome.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I can't give you any input on if it's gonna be louder, but it would give a bangin custom appeal to it, rather than "oh, just another custom box behind the seats" build. If you can, see if you can measure out the available space to work with and see what cubic footage you can come up with, that should give you some options on boxes to build...4th order, t-line, regular ported and so on.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I could easily fit a 14"h x 13"w x 48"l between the seats and still have room for an arm rest and molding so it's not all boxy. TBH I have no experience with T-Lines or 4th order boxes, and dont really understand the science behind it.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Nobody has experience with t-lines lol, it's a hit or miss kind of thing. Some people have dabbled with it, but those are for the straight box builds, not with the curvature of a console. A 4th order wouldn't be to hard to whip up though. Sub would be concealed within the box, but you can put a piece of fiberglass in there so you can see it doing work.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

LOL....if I had the money or the MDF I would experiment, but thats not the case so I try to plan everything out and go with what is tried and true.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

I totally hear ya on that one lol. When I get more in a thinking state of mind, I'll see if I can come up with something on a budget for you bro. I'm no box designer by any means, but when I'm in the mood, I think outside the box and can get some pretty crafty shit rolling through my head lol.

Side note, hope you and the little one had a merry Christmas man.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived