^^^ Ive heard/read that vw (golf/jetta) are known for their engine bays getting hot and that having an aftermarket intake wont help... and even with a cold air intake, once the air reaches the turbo it heats up again?? Can anyone elaborate on this?? I am curious to install an aftermarket intake on my 1.8T jetta but if it wont help with performance/sound, then i duuno if its worth the trouble..... :shrug:

Team Bass-Hz

An aftermarket intake will increase the sound of the turbo just because you take of that big ass black intake housing. But if I were you and I had a tdi i wouldn't give a shot about that Whistle! Throw a sick ass 4" exhaust and a cold air intake to begin with (take out that cat and muffler if allowed in your state) then find a company that makes a nice chip or module for your car, that is the cheapest and fastest way to add horsepower on diesels! Later on down the road you'll want a bigger turbo, injectors and a nice fuel pump.

Thanks!

To bad i live in holland. That smoke of your truck looks nice. In Holland we have to pass emissions and many other points (rust/brakes/basically the entire car). Because of that i have to install a cat or make someting interchangeable to pass the emissions test.

I have looked around but i have to do chiptuning because u can use a powerbox in VW diesels but well... that tricks the computer to pump more diesel (it triggers the ECU that the engine has to warm up) in the engine. That way it produces lots of black smoke when u are at high rpms.

^^^ Ive heard/read that vw (golf/jetta) are known for their engine bays getting hot and that having an aftermarket intake wont help... and even with a cold air intake, once the air reaches the turbo it heats up again?? Can anyone elaborate on this?? I am curious to install an aftermarket intake on my 1.8T jetta but if it wont help with performance/sound, then i duuno if its worth the trouble..... :shrug:

i can tell you for a fact dyno tested it improved my sound and my hp and i have engine code AWW with my 1.8t

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

Archived