Second Skin Audio

need some feedback on the new box

I don't know where the idea of X in^2 per ft^3 started but it is not a very good ideology to follow. If that were the case a single port for a single 12" driver in 3 ft^3 would be 36 in^2 for 12 in^2 per 1 ft^3 which is a 3x12" port...and good luck fitting it inside the enclosure due to the port length required. That's a huge port for a single 12"! Most drivers out there can't excite that huge port area, so that huge port is wasted for the most part.

As I mentioned in my last post I would ditch the third port because you don't need it / will never be able to utilize that much port area with the power you are using. In my testing with a single OA 15" I saw an increase of 1.2 dB going from a single 6" aero port to a single 8" aero port...but only while using a clamped 2700 watts. With 1500 watts there was almost zero gain (IIRC it was 0.2 dB).

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

I don't know where the idea of X in^2 per ft^3 started but it is not a very good ideology to follow. If that were the case a single port for a single 12" driver in 3 ft^3 would be 36 in^2 for 12 in^2 per 1 ft^3 which is a 3x12" port...and good luck fitting it inside the enclosure due to the port length required. That's a huge port for a single 12"! Most drivers out there can't excite that huge port area, so that huge port is wasted for the most part.

As I mentioned in my last post I would ditch the third port because you don't need it / will never be able to utilize that much port area with the power you are using. In my testing with a single OA 15" I saw an increase of 1.2 dB going from a single 6" aero port to a single 8" aero port...but only while using a clamped 2700 watts. With 1500 watts there was almost zero gain (IIRC it was 0.2 dB).

interesting thank for clearing that up. ive been messing around and ima see how a single 6" looks. that what i have now but i kinda screwed up so i wanna do it properly this time.

A single 6" will do very well. That's what I used in my daily setup with a single Obsidian 15" in 3.5 ft^3. :)

sweet so hows this? will it matter if the motor is close to the port like i have it in my design? or will it not make a difference.

oa153.png

oa1533d.png

oa1533d2.png

where the fuuu did you get the model of that subwoofer?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.