So i need to replace my starting battery with a deep cycle for the stereo. I have kinetiks in the back but wanted to try out powermaster, and i heard that AAP sells them so i went by to ask what size i needed so i dont have to deal with unhooking the stock one just to measure. So i go in and the guy tries to sell me some battery, i told him i didnt want it bc i needed a deep cycle because otherwise they would charge at slightly off voltages and drain each other. He asked what i had in the back and how many watts. i told him im putting 3 batteries in (Kinetik HC2400) and about 15000 watts peak, since i KNEW that was gonna be how this guy measured amplifiers. He fucking asked me if i had ever thought about getting a CAP because i wouldnt need any of those batteries. He went on FOREVER about how great caps were and how if my batteries were charging at any diff voltages it was because i made all horrible connections and that it was guaranteed i'd lose voltage anyway since i was adding more batteries?! what the fuck?! i let him keep going because i thought it was funny but what an idiot

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

most of the so called "stereo know-it-alls" believe that caps are the answer to everything. fuckin idiots are used to a 250 watt stereo not what we roll wit.

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

Guest MegaloManiac

you are an idiot for telling him peak watts :P

caps do have there place in car audio but not to help current dips. Did you get the battery?

Edited by MegaloManiac

now that's funny. back in the year 2000 my man schooled me on car audio. i never knew about putting batteries in the back for car audio ........ thought they are only good for hydraulics and such. but anyways his rule of thumb was why spend over a $100+ on each cap when you can get one battery ........ such as a yellowtop (remember this was the year 2000) and it's equal to like 6 or more caps. anyways ............ what battery did you end up getting bro?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i didnt. he only wanted to sell me an autocraft or some shit. I guess im going to have to disconnect and measure my stock batt and then order one.

i'm sure a HC1400 or HC1800 will fit bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

well i had a 06 explorer and now the 07 i have is basically the eact same car and a 2000 was just a hair too tall. and the 1800 is the same height i believe and the 1400 is only like .2 inches shorter so.. its close

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!