what can you guys tell me about clarion

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

also do the clarion units need a relay or can you just ground them

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I had one in my hoe last year worked good it would play music and not skip the cd with 154dbs.. and the relay trick didn't work on mine had to use a switch.. its in my girls 07 expedition now with 2 -14in flip downs in the back for the kids...

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I had one in my hoe last year worked good it would play music and not skip the cd with 154dbs.. and the relay trick didn't work on mine had to use a switch.. its in my girls 07 expedition now with 2 -14in flip downs in the back for the kids...

did your unit have the usb input also?

i had the nz500 i bought it new, after 30 days the the bluetooth stopped working after 3 months the cd player sometimes would not play after 8 months the usb sometimes worked but the navigation always worked good if you can get it cheep go for it but i would never buy clarion head unit ever again i understand things happen there is flaws things break but 3 different things went wrong with the clarion nz500 under a year not except able, at all , the best thing happen was it got stolen out of my truck now i have the alpine cda-117 i am happy no problems at all , save your cash get something else unless its a smoking deal

i tried the cz series and not only skip like its second nature the volume nob moved on its own at 143 db so the new ones are junk

Team SSBTeam SoundStreamTeam Tsunamiteam ohio generator

Clarion is an okay company as long as you stay away from their headunits. I have the cz500 and it has been the worse head unit from day one. I have had 2 replacements. After a year my Bluetooth quit working good luck on getting read cd's my usb port just quit. The preout voltage is rated at 4volts I measured and only got 1 volt. No Highpass filters. I pod navigation is difficult. I will never by another headunit from them again.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

did your unit have the usb input also?

No I had the vz409 it didn't have it..............

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

well what single din flip radio would you recommend for about $500

A few bad ones and you're ready to look elsewhere. Remember, people will let you know w/o thought what they think when something doesn't do what it states. People don't get on to tell you , Hay, this worked just as described, this is great!!!!! Doesn't happen. I know you asked, so there for you got some replies.

The Clarion HU's are still top notch. Their HU's do their rated power. I'm not saying that the one poster didn't know how to test for the voltage output, but every review I've read they DO or surpass their rated output.

I've had 3 Clarion HU's myself, and my next one to replace my Eclipse AVN6620 will be the Clarion NX501. My first ever HU was the Clarion 6770, sold to get the DRX9175L, stolen so I bought the DRX9375r. The only issue I've ever had w/any of these is the 9375 started to act up accepting CD's, after 6 yrs of service and non-stop playing.

I also have:

5632CD

ADCS-1

DRX7475

DRX8275

DRX9375r

DRX9575Rz

DRX9675

HX-D10

DXZ615

Except for the 5632CD, all work perfectly. The 5632CD works, but the display has faded and the #2 preset button fell off.

Chances are, the unit you get will have 0 issues for years to come. Just like cars, some are lemons while its sibling isn't.

www.phoenixphorum.com

Setup

HU: Eclipse AVN6620

Amp: Audison LRx5.1k

Mids: 6 1/2" Silver Flute's

Tweets: Clarion SSS601

No rears

Subs: (2) TREO SSi12.22's

Processing: Audio Control DQS, Phoenix Gold BassCube

Clarion Collector

HEAD UNITS:

7770 w/920EQ w/2nd 920EQ display