Sonic Electronix

Please Help, Whats This Tuned To

i get 2.77cubes at 25.7hz using my calc...thats without sub displacement though...and i made the port 2" wide so i could work with the number easier.

if you dont mind, what equations do you use. i REALLY REALLY REALLY want to learn how to do it on my own

thanks

Alpine 9887, Oz 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE

Fb = .159*((Av(1.84*10^8)/(Vb(Lv+.823*Av^.5))^.5

Fb = tuning frequency

Av = vent area

Vb = net volume in cubic inches

Lv = effective length of vent

effective length = physical length + end correction <---1/2 of the ports width

the complicated thing is the port. the proper way to measure port length with an "L" shaped port is measuring down the dead middle, not of the actual wood you are using, and remembering to add half of the ports width to the actual length. then displacement becomes a bitch to figures sometimes when dealing with "L" ports...well not really, its just a bitch tryin to program it into excel so that it will figure itself out...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Fb = .159*((Av(1.84*10^8)/(Vb(Lv+.823*Av^.5))^.5

Fb = tuning frequency

Av = vent area

Vb = net volume in cubic inches

Lv = effective length of vent

effective length = physical length + end correction <---1/2 of the ports width

the complicated thing is the port. the proper way to measure port length with an "L" shaped port is measuring down the dead middle, not of the actual wood you are using, and remembering to add half of the ports width to the actual length. then displacement becomes a bitch to figures sometimes when dealing with "L" ports...well not really, its just a bitch tryin to program it into excel so that it will figure itself out...

hmm, looks like fun, but thanks!

its really not that bad...especially if u are decent at excel...i have a spreadsheet for slot ports that i uploaded, if u have excel it should work, although people with vista cant seem to download it...if u want it, i can try and dig it up...

i likes me some audio stuff...

its really not that bad...especially if u are decent at excel...i have a spreadsheet for slot ports that i uploaded, if u have excel it should work, although people with vista cant seem to download it...if u want it, i can try and dig it up...

thats alright, i should be able to do it by hand

thanks tho

actually, what does ^ mean... ex. (10^8)

thats not 10 to the 8th is it, been out of school too long :blush: