Sonic Electronix

amp fuses melted please help

BUMP

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

hahahaha late bump but still any other ideas what mayhave gone wrong

the roads that i had been driveing before this were quake damaged so yea that may help ya'

but i check the ground later on and it was tight

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

current kills fuses and it usually takes almost double the amperage to break the connection. if fuses melt its from a poor connection causing a rise in heat, but if ALL fuses melted thats from excess duration of sustained current draw at or above rating. i highly doubt any of the fuses randomly loosened itself, they pretty much never loosen as long as they aren't removed.

do you have a volt meter, if so what did your voltage look like when the amp fried. if you dont have a volt meter, get one stat. it saves equipment

what song were you playing when this happened?

im betting money that you clipped the living crap out of that amp for 2-3 minitues non-stop

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

yay a decaf post woop woop um i prob was playing one of your ones round the 28-32hz mark.

What about shitty 0gauge will they cause this.im going to take my amp in to get fixed going to cost 30dolla just for the quate lol any more ideas?

Archived