Sonic Electronix

amp fuses melted please help

Yo

how ya going

majoor issues 2day

not only do i have bad spelling i have 4 melted 40amp fuses that are stuck to my amp

Z am unsure why ..the amp didnt over heat just a bunch of messy fuses and a damaged melted fuse holder.

i dont know if it helps but i have a response precision aa0429 class d mono 1x1500w rms

at the time i had 2 1000w rms pioneers running on it.

IM worryed that if i buy a new amp it would do it again pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee somebody help me

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

What happened to where you noticed the melted fuses? Did the amp go into protect?

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Yo

how ya going

majoor issues 2day

not only do i have bad spelling i have 4 melted 40amp fuses that are stuck to my amp

Z am unsure why ..the amp didnt over heat just a bunch of messy fuses and a damaged melted fuse holder.

i dont know if it helps but i have a response precision aa0429 class d mono 1x1500w rms

at the time i had 2 1000w rms pioneers running on it.

IM worryed that if i buy a new amp it would do it again pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee somebody help me

Before you go installing another amp, I'd suggest checking ALL your wiring. Power and Grounds to make sure they are not cut or are exposed somewhere. Your lucky your amp didn't go up in flames or your wires for that matter. Just curious, did you install all the wires and the amps personally? Or did you have a shop do it? I'd triple check all your connections and wires first though. Good luck!

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

I've seen fuses and fuse holders melt due to a loose/poor connection. Were the connections solid and tight(on the fuse holder)?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

ok

first of not my first instal

second just got car back from machanic so im blaming him for maybe making a wire loose

third........................................................................... i dont know what to do next

after i had taken the amp out of car i checked my ground and power and they where connected sercurely...has anyone had this happen to them

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

oh and i smelt it first then amp went into protect mode

Really strange fuses didn't pop before melt down. I would guess had to be grounding issue. Do you have a fuse from your battery to the amp and if so what rating is it?

I've seen fuses and fuse holders melt due to a loose/poor connection. Were the connections solid and tight(on the fuse holder)?

Ive seen this many times

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

larry i know thats what i thouht but no they just melted

0 gauged fused at 150

Archived