• Turtle Beach's
    • Astro's
    • Triton's (MadCatz)
    • Razer's
    • Logitech's
    • SteelSeeries
    • Stock (whatever came with the thing)
    • Other

I have the AX PRO's as well. They have 4 drivers in each ear. Front, side, rear, and a subwoofer. The front speaker is in front of your ear. It's not in front of your head, that'd be absurd. But sound that is directly in front of you comes out of both front speakers at equal levels at the same time. Thus, you hear it exactly as you would if there were a front speaker. My computer speakers aren't directly to my left and right but I can still distinguish left and right channels. And my headset drivers aren't directly in front of or behind me but I can still distinguish if that guy in Battlefield is walking in front of or behind me.

2-driver simulated surround sound is just that, simulated. But having 8 drivers deliver decoded Dolby 5.1 surround sound to your ears based on the audio signal to each driver is as true to 5.1 surround audio as you'll get from a headset, and more than enough audio detail for gaming.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I have the AX PRO's as well. They have 4 drivers in each ear. Front, side, rear, and a subwoofer. The front speaker is in front of your ear. It's not in front of your head, that'd be absurd. But sound that is directly in front of you comes out of both front speakers at equal levels at the same time. Thus, you hear it exactly as you would if there were a front speaker. My computer speakers aren't directly to my left and right but I can still distinguish left and right channels. And my headset drivers aren't directly in front of or behind me but I can still distinguish if that guy in Battlefield is walking in front of or behind me.

2-driver simulated surround sound is just that, simulated. But having 8 drivers deliver decoded Dolby 5.1 surround sound to your ears based on the audio signal to each driver is as true to 5.1 surround audio as you'll get from a headset, and more than enough audio detail for gaming.

What this man says is absolutely true.

Simulated surround sound is where you have few drivers and the decoder adds delays/imaging to "simulate" there being more drivers than there actually is.

A headset like the AX PRO's though for example have dedicated drivers plus DTS Decoders to be able to deliver true 5.1 surround sound.

Best way I can put it in to words for those who will argue that it is not surround sound due to all of the speakers being in a headset versus being around the room is that it you have all of your speakers in a full 5.1 setup placed as close as possible to you is this not a 5.1 anymore? Of course the delay and imaging would not be accurate but when you have a discrete audio channel dedicated to a driver then it is 5.1 no matter where it is located.

I own the Turtle Beach PX5's btw that only have one 50mm driver per ear piece and they own even with simulated surround. And yes I have a very expensive 5.1 surround as well to compare it to.

What this man says is absolutely true.

Simulated surround sound is where you have few drivers and the decoder adds delays/imaging to "simulate" there being more drivers than there actually is.

A headset like the AX PRO's though for example have dedicated drivers plus DTS Decoders to be able to deliver true 5.1 surround sound.

Best way I can put it in to words for those who will argue that it is not surround sound due to all of the speakers being in a headset versus being around the room is that it you have all of your speakers in a full 5.1 setup placed as close as possible to you is this not a 5.1 anymore? Of course the delay and imaging would not be accurate but when you have a discrete audio channel dedicated to a driver then it is 5.1 no matter where it is located.

I own the Turtle Beach PX5's btw that only have one 50mm driver per ear piece and they own even with simulated surround. And yes I have a very expensive 5.1 surround as well to compare it to.

funny thing is i came back to this thread some time after my last post and was going to say this exactly. but i figured since noone said anything else id let it go lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived