Second Skin Audio

Daily Box vs Burp Box

I would suggest you using a 6" aeroport, way easier to retune and it´s perfect for a pair of 8´s :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Generally speaking... Daily boxes have a little more volume. A lower tuning frequency, and a lower port area/ cube.

If your trying to build a burp box... don't try to play music on it unless the music you're trying to play is within tuning. You'll want to figure out the resonant frequency of your car and tune close to it.

I haven't ever built a box for burping, but that's my understanding.

You would be absolutly right if you were talking about cars with a high resonant frequency, small cabin and stuff like that, for example, a panda or a CRX, you need to build small boxes with a high tuning, even if you could change ports on the box you build and use it for daily, it´s definitely not the best thing to do since, GENERALLY SPEAKING, small boxes don´t play lows very well.

Said that, definitely depends on the car and type of box, my last "burp" box using 2 12´s and 1200 watts in my explorer pulled a legal 148.7 dbs @ 42 hz , the box plays music AWESOME and it´s big as hell, close to 3 cubic feet per 12" sub :)

What was your box tuned to? Awesome numbers BTW... You have definitely provided a ton of Number backed facts in your box thread.

you gotta remeber 1 thing tho he has an exploder those are the crx's of the suv's

you can get junk loud as hell in a exploder

burb box tuned to res ferq. with as much port as possible its freq respone curve is only a few hertz big small depends on how much power your putting to this burp box... there is so much more tearing down and rebuilding a burb box just to get an extra few teths of db out of them

daily box get the air space where you want it at..put in a port tuned low where you want it to play at.. hit play enjoy

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Generally speaking... Daily boxes have a little more volume. A lower tuning frequency, and a lower port area/ cube.

If your trying to build a burp box... don't try to play music on it unless the music you're trying to play is within tuning. You'll want to figure out the resonant frequency of your car and tune close to it.

You would be absolutly right if you were talking about cars with a high resonant frequency, small cabin and stuff like that, for example, a panda or a CRX, you need to build small boxes with a high tuning, even if you could change ports on the box you build and use it for daily, it´s definitely not the best thing to do since, GENERALLY SPEAKING, small boxes don´t play lows very well.

Said that, definitely depends on the car and type of box, my last "burp" box using 2 12´s and 1200 watts in my explorer pulled a legal 148.7 dbs @ 42 hz , the box plays music AWESOME and it´s big as hell, close to 3 cubic feet per 12" sub :)

What was your box tuned to? Awesome numbers BTW... You have definitely provided a ton of Number backed facts in your box thread.

you gotta remeber 1 thing tho he has an exploder those are the crx's of the suv's

Not me, at least not yet, i honestly feel i can get WAY louder on everything i build in that whore but i have to figure some things out first :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Not me, at least not yet, i honestly feel i can get WAY louder on everything i build in that whore but i have to figure some things out first :(

well you build st8 for daily makes it a tad harder but if you ever want some help advice just pm me

3 cubes per 12 is way to much and small boxes can hit lows just as well as a big box its just harder to get them tuned that low needs lots of port length and with a small box you usally dont have the space for a long port

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

well you build st8 for daily makes it a tad harder but if you ever want some help advice just pm me

3 cubes per 12 is way to much and small boxes can hit lows just as well as a big box its just harder to get them tuned that low needs lots of port length and with a small box you usally dont have the space for a long port

I actually need some help, sending you a PM in a few minutes :)