Second Skin Audio

Daily Box vs Burp Box

What is the difference between a box that is used for daily and one that is used for burping and getting high numbers.

please give some detail. thinking about building 2 boxes one for daily and one for burps.

equipment will be 2 - 8" DC Level 2 dual 4 ohm and a SAZ-1500D wired to 1 ohm.

Daily box has been designed and am waiting on a few things to start building it.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

SPL boxes are tuned higher i'm not sure how high tho. You could probably just build one box with a changeable port.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Size and tuning..

how much different. a lot smaller, a lot bigger, I know the port is a lot larger.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

too many factors to list on a topic, but i can tell you this, all the "burp boxes" in my Ford Explorer are 100% daily boxes, i love efficient boxes rather than using tons of power, that´s why i build big boxes for comps and have gotten a few good results, and better yet, they peak low (way lower than my resonant frequency) so they play music very nice, i burped a 144.1 @ 47 hz using a single pioneer 40$ sub and 1000 watts , that box played strong from 37 to around 50 hz without any problems.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Generally speaking... Daily boxes have a little more volume. A lower tuning frequency, and a lower port area/ cube.

If your trying to build a burp box... don't try to play music on it unless the music you're trying to play is within tuning. You'll want to figure out the resonant frequency of your car and tune close to it.

I haven't ever built a box for burping, but that's my understanding.

Generally speaking... Daily boxes have a little more volume. A lower tuning frequency, and a lower port area/ cube.

If your trying to build a burp box... don't try to play music on it unless the music you're trying to play is within tuning. You'll want to figure out the resonant frequency of your car and tune close to it.

You would be absolutly right if you were talking about cars with a high resonant frequency, small cabin and stuff like that, for example, a panda or a CRX, you need to build small boxes with a high tuning, even if you could change ports on the box you build and use it for daily, it´s definitely not the best thing to do since, GENERALLY SPEAKING, small boxes don´t play lows very well.

Said that, definitely depends on the car and type of box, my last "burp" box using 2 12´s and 1200 watts in my explorer pulled a legal 148.7 dbs @ 42 hz , the box plays music AWESOME and it´s big as hell, close to 3 cubic feet per 12" sub :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

You would be absolutly right if you were talking about cars with a high resonant frequency, small cabin and stuff like that, for example, a panda or a CRX, you need to build small boxes with a high tuning, even if you could change ports on the box you build and use it for daily, it´s definitely not the best thing to do since, GENERALLY SPEAKING, small boxes don´t play lows very well.

Said that, definitely depends on the car and type of box, my last "burp" box using 2 12´s and 1200 watts in my explorer pulled a legal 148.7 dbs @ 42 hz , the box plays music AWESOME and it´s big as hell, close to 3 cubic feet per 12" sub :)

What was your box tuned to? Awesome numbers BTW... You have definitely provided a ton of Number backed facts in your box thread.

Edited by Blackedout

What was your box tuned to? Awesome numbers BTW... You have definitely provided a ton of Number backed facts in your box thread.

Thanks a lot mate, but i can´t take all credits on that score, i got a MAJOR help from my boy dave (strongmandesigns) , he´s one of the best builders at florida, i was gonna build a similar box size but using 2 6" aeros instead of 3 aeros as he told me, man i scored WAY better than we really expected. That box was tuned to 38 hz, i still have it in the storage, i´m gonna install it in a few weeks to play around with her a little bit more.

Here´s a vid of that box, it´s mostly on spanish but you can see the sensor, amplifier, subs, box and everything including the score on the TL :popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yva4B_9l20c

Thanks guys.

Plans are to build two boxes for now and possibly a 3 later on that is for weekend beating with 4 8" subs. ok back to the main subject.

Box 1 > 2 - 8" DC subs 2 cubes tuned to 32 htz for daily beat.

Box 2 > 2 - 8" DC subs 1.5 cubes tuned to high (going to have to play with the port length). This port will not be in the box at all. This will be all external port. As to not affect the box size when modifying the port length or size. going to start with 4x4 port 10" long and cut 1/2" off at a time.

going to be a long day but it will be fun. hope to do it real soon.

Edited by Twiztid

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg