Second Skin Audio

Box for an Xcon...

Current setup: Sealed enclosure with dimensions - H: 17" W: 32" D: 15"

IMG_20110607_131249.jpg

Total space I have is:

DSCN0242_measurements.jpg

So I want to do sub up, port side firing w/ aero ... Does this looks good in Torres' calculator???:

box_with_aeros_xcon.jpg

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Anybody? Think it sucks?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

lol... pwease.... :clapping:

cool... thanks man... :drink40:

Wait.. Is this for an XCON 12 or 15? You've got me lost here. You have .35 cubes for sub displacement and a 3.8 net. You have in your calculator 15" height but 17" current setup..?

Edited by loudNlow87

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Correct... this is for a 15" Xcon... I have it sealed currently... But I would like to have the sub facing up(at the rear deck) and the ports to the side... In order to do so, 15" for height of the box and 22" deep...

The subwoofer on its own has a displacement of .20 cubes... I over estimated for bracing which will be needed since I want to do top mount and not front like it is currently.. Does that make sense?

used paint but you get the idea???lol

sub_box.jpg

Can you measure the opening of the trunk? You might have those dimensions on the inside of the trunk... But if you intended to make the box outside of the trunk, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure that it fits through the trunk opening. I haven't worked with a Camry, but why do you have your mind set on up firing? And side port? Side port can get loud in some instances, but more often than not, side firing is less efficient than rear firing. Same for the sub... Rear firing is, more often than not, louder in a trunk than up firing...

When the sound waves load off the trunk, they travel further which gives them a further distance to travel and produce.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

The trunk opening is 35"... Had one box in here at 34" previously and it fit, but I don't remember all of the dimensions TBH...

The side firing idea is for the simple fact that is the only way I can get the ports the length I need with a 8" aero.... Also going wider rather than deeper allows me to still have trunk space to throw shit in there when I need to, also the reason I wanted to do sub up.... Any better ideas? I'm lost.... So that's why.. lol