Second Skin Audio

Box for an Xcon...

Also with a slot the box seems like it needs to be considerably bigger.... You know what i mean?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Ok I got it. As Blackedout mentioned, have you considered firing both port and sub to the rear? And maybe even a slot port instead. It's a bit easier to get port area out of a slot than an 8" tube that you're going to have to bend all over the place to get tuning that low. As for fitting it inside the car. Does the rear seat come off with little hassle? Sometimes it's easier to get a larger box to fit from the inside rather than trying to twist, spin and shove it into the trunk opening.

EDIT: You finished typing before I..

Edited by loudNlow87

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

lol.... thanks... and no the inside opening to the trunk is smaller.... it's some shitty like rounded rectangle.... the box I currently have is about 2-3" taller than that opening...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Well.. Here's within the dimensions you've given the way I would do it. (Which doesn't matter, I know) Just take a look.. You would still have to bend that aero since it would only be 2" from the wall of the box. It can still be tweaked a bit, but I think it'll slam in there.

xcon3.png

xcon2.png

xcon1.png

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Well.. Here's within the dimensions you've given the way I would do it. (Which doesn't matter, I know) Just take a look.. You would still have to bend that aero since it would only be 2" from the wall of the box. It can still be tweaked a bit, but I think it'll slam in there.

xcon1.png

is there a rule that the bend cannot go beyond a 'L'-shape? Like if I wanted to go 5" in width for the port, I'd risk going a few hz to 34 but would it be better to have more port area or is 4" enough???

That's over 15" of port per cube. That's pretty optimal for a daily pounder in my book. :)

XS D3100

Come on 150!

ahhh... what are your feelings on daily tuned that low? I was originally going to try for 27-28hz... but couldn't find many that do...

Had a few people telling me 33-34hz is all that is needed....

It'll be nice at 30. Being in a trunk and not metered all the time, you wouldn't know a difference give/take a couple hz. Never owned any SSA's before, but from what I've seen, it's an SQ sub and should do just fine in that box.

XS D3100

Come on 150!

kinda what I wanted to hear... :drink40: ... appreciate that diagram and work up... do you use Torres when you design or you just did it to compare with my original?