Second Skin Audio

Mini truck blow through

photo.php?fbid=236542356405356&set=a.236542326405359.57689.100001487801275&type=3&theater

photo.php?fbid=236543029738622&set=a.236542326405359.57689.100001487801275&type=3&theater

Here's the truck and a sketch of a possible box design. My question is, does the space between the subs count as part of the port? So like if i plug this into WinISD, do I add the length and area of the common center chamber to the port tuning? I'm just not sure how to tune a box like this. The box is for 4 15's (i'm thinking DD 515b's) The dimensions for the back of the truck are 73" long, 15 1/2" high, 52" across with 39 1/2" between the wheel wells. If anybody has feedback on the box, or a better idea, I'd appreciate it.

2008 Toyota Corolla

-Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs

chevy luv?! damn! i wanaa see this get built already! sexy box too

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

chevy luv?! damn! i wanaa see this get built already! sexy box too

Thanks man! Yeah, drove the luv through high school, def. a chick magnet. I'm in college now, and the truck is back home, but I really want to get this underway over the summer.

2008 Toyota Corolla

double baffle, double side walls, and probably double the back wall too..

Port in the back looks like it needs to be finished into the box so its not a zigzag.

Might be better move the walls tighter to the sides of the box of the truck and just do a sealed 4th order with subs inverted.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

what year? id give a lot to have one in that shape. kinda looking for a first car/truck now myself.. got luv?

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

double baffle, double side walls, and probably double the back wall too..

Port in the back looks like it needs to be finished into the box so its not a zigzag.

Might be better move the walls tighter to the sides of the box of the truck and just do a sealed 4th order with subs inverted.

Yeah, the doubling up is probably a good idea. Is there a specific formula for a 4th order, or just plug stuff into WinISD, that's what I've been doing, but the frequency response always seems pretty peaky.

2008 Toyota Corolla

what year? id give a lot to have one in that shape. kinda looking for a first car/truck now myself.. got luv?

It's a '76, I redid it with my dad for a project my freshman year. It's also the Mikado version, so it's got an automatic transmission and different badges. Gotta love the 'luv' puns, i kinda wanna get plates for it that say 'luvmchn' lol

2008 Toyota Corolla