Windows Help (more Problems)

I bought a ipod touch and downloaded everything i needed for it. Itunes 7.5 or whatever. it says i need Windows service pack 2 for my ipod to connect to my computer. Well i download the new xp sp2 and it says my current xp package isnt valid, nad i cant update because of this. And now a box keeps coming up saying my computer may be in danger because i dont have a valid xp program. What should i do?

Do u think installing Windows 2000 and updating would work?

or do u guys know of a site with a valid xp download..pm me please!

Thankks

Edited by pink_floyd

Lets Go Ski

Guest MegaloManiac

it should have made your copy of windows genuine...

get your self a legit copy of XP or find one that already has sp2 on it

Edited by MegaloManiac

So i got a "real" version of xp, and i thought i was set. Wrong, now when i turn my ocmputer on, i have a choice on whether to go to the new xp or old xp. i want to get rid of the old one for good. Everytime i try to update, it wont let me because of that stupid old non"genuine" version. Is there any way i can delete it and never see it again? Please help, i bought this ipod, and i am dying to use it!!! Ive had it for like a week, and all i can do is slide the slider on and off. =(

Somebody plesae help

Lets Go Ski

1.)backup your shit on cd, and wipe it... it will be the only way the old version of xp is completly off, and you get everything...

2.)that or go into fdisk and wipe out the partition that that version of xp is sitting on...

so.. thats the only ways of doing it.. if you need step by step instructions on how to do it, message me on a messenger..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

So i got a "real" version of xp, and i thought i was set. Wrong, now when i turn my ocmputer on, i have a choice on whether to go to the new xp or old xp. i want to get rid of the old one for good. Everytime i try to update, it wont let me because of that stupid old non"genuine" version. Is there any way i can delete it and never see it again? Please help, i bought this ipod, and i am dying to use it!!! Ive had it for like a week, and all i can do is slide the slider on and off. =(

Somebody plesae help

looks like someone didnt install a CLEAN install.

if installed properly and upgraded you wouldnt have any problems.

And what megalo recommended would have worked as well, been there done that many of times for the cheap people i know