1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Today I am moving the drivers side, side in about four inches so I can port out the side. Sound good or no?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Well since no one replied. I went ahead and did it! first thing I did was break the drivers side off.

108_0058.jpg

Here is the new side piece.

108_0059.jpg

Put another layer of glass on and glassed, screwed, and glued the new piece on. Looks good i think. I just hope everything still fits in the truck good. I moved it in 5 inches so i have room for the port out the side. I left the front piece where it is because I want it to look like its one piece but really not! I will leave the top piece off though at the side so the port can breathe.

108_0060.jpg

Looking at the box from the front of the truck here is where the subs would sit. The right sub on the passenger side. My exact mock up of the sundown sa-8!

108_0054.jpg

The left sub. The floor lifts up a bit and there is barely any room.

108_0051.jpg

The magnet would touch the bottom. I don't like that.

108_0055.jpg

So here is what is going to happen!

108_0056.jpg

Subs will fire up and eventually get a grill! won't have to worry about it though for eight months because when I get my license in February I can't have friends in my truck for 6 months. My parents will enforce that! haha that is totally fine though because I respect that they look out for me. I am going to double baffle the top and flush mount the subs. It looks clean and it will prevent the subs from getting as squished if I decide I don't want grills. Please guys, let me know what you think of all this. I am trying really hard.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Everything I do sonething goes wrong :( I heard that I will get the best sound if the subs frontfire. Even if I add another 1/2 piece in front of the front the ring won't fit the box , it will overlap the box.. Any suggestions. This sucks so bad :(

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Do you have access to a welder? Cut the floor and lower it an inch or two...or whatever you need for clearance..

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Do you have access to a welder? Cut the floor and lower it an inch or two...or whatever you need for clearance..

I got the magnet cleared. It's just the ring. When I started this box it was built for the 12's sealed. So there is a gap between the seat and the top of the box. I am considering taking the box apart and re building it right up to the bottom of the seat. Unless you think firing up will work

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

dont fire up. you will loose most of your bass if you do that. also, just a lil hit for the future, dont second guess your self all the time, asking questions is good, but dont just think that you always wrong,just think, your system will be a lot better than most peoples first set up on here. your doing good and keep it up. also, one thing i would check is that my port wont interfere with the subs or the trany tunnel.

Bring on the Rockfords!!

I got the magnet cleared. It's just the ring. When I started this box it was built for the 12's sealed. So there is a gap between the seat and the top of the box. I am considering taking the box apart and re building it right up to the bottom of the seat. Unless you think firing up will work

I honestly dont know how they would sound firing up. There is a thread somewhere called "free tech advice" or something like that, you might do a search for it and ask Ray what he thinks....but, if you can pull the front off and make work that might be the way to go.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Sani knows his shit too......his advice is legit!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Archived