Sundown Audio

My box for a single SD-2 12"

Here is the underside of the baffle so I can use 1.5" long 1/4 x 20 allen bolts to mount the sub.

IMAG0795.jpg">

Here is the under side of the hurricane nuts. i put a dab of construction adhesive on them to help with them slipping in the holes over time.

IMAG0797.jpg">

Here is pretty close to what it will look like when finished. The baffle and amps are just sitting there for the pic. There will also be another panel on top to flush mount the sub and cover the amps. The outer wall that will hold the cover over the amps has not been put on in this pic.

IMAG0809.jpg">

Here is the inside lip and outer wall drying from the glue.

IMAG0811.jpg">

IMAG0806.jpg">

Here is the amp mounts before gluing them down.

IMAG0806.jpg

Here is the baffle clamped and glue drying. I used Tite Bond III to glue everything together. NO screws or nails excpet for one screw to hold each amp mount down but that will most likely be removed tonight after the glue sets up nice.

IMAG0814.jpg

Should I use any poly fil inside the box, or just leave it bare wood? Inside dimensions are 17.5" x 17.5" x 6". It should be just about 1cu ft maybe a little less minus driver displacement and that ring on the bottom side of the baffle. Other than that any suggestions or critiques....?

Here is the underside of the baffle so I can use 1.5" long 1/4 x 20 allen bolts to mount the sub.

IMAG0795.jpg">

Here is the under side of the hurricane nuts. i put a dab of construction adhesive on them to help with them slipping in the holes over time.

IMAG0797.jpg">

Here is pretty close to what it will look like when finished. The baffle and amps are just sitting there for the pic. There will also be another panel on top to flush mount the sub and cover the amps. The outer wall that will hold the cover over the amps has not been put on in this pic.

IMAG0809.jpg">

Here is the inside lip and outer wall drying from the glue.

IMAG0811.jpg">

IMAG0806.jpg">

Here is the amp mounts before gluing them down.

IMAG0806.jpg

Here is the baffle clamped and glue drying. I used Tite Bond III to glue everything together. NO screws or nails excpet for one screw to hold each amp mount down but that will most likely be removed tonight after the glue sets up nice.

IMAG0814.jpg

Should I use any poly fil inside the box, or just leave it bare wood? Inside dimensions are 17.5" x 17.5" x 6". It should be just about 1cu ft maybe a little less minus driver displacement and that ring on the bottom side of the baffle. Other than that any suggestions or critiques....?

Danm that sick. I'd try bare wood, but if you have problems then you can add the fill.

No offence or anything man, but why not ported?

BASSHEADS UNITE

I've got more of SQ set up. All HAT frontstage, 3 way active with a JBL MS-8 processing. I really liked the way my RF HE2 sub was in a sealed box so I figured I would try another sealed box. I can always make a ported box later, but I think it will sound good with a sealed.

I've got more of SQ set up. All HAT frontstage, 3 way active with a JBL MS-8 processing. I really liked the way my RF HE2 sub was in a sealed box so I figured I would try another sealed box. I can always make a ported box later, but I think it will sound good with a sealed.

Oh ok lol. Still a sweet set up drinks.gif

BASSHEADS UNITE

It's coming along. I forgot about the part where I have to extend the wires to compensate for the movement of the amps more rearward. I guess the easiest fix is to just make new grounds for the rear two amps and keep the other 551X that is under the seat along with the MS-8 grounded to the ground dist block that is on the rack under the seat. My power leads are long enough to make it to the back, but not the grounds. I am about 4" short. I will put up some pics of how it was setup before this box so you can see how much different this is. I had no back seats before with a wood floor that was like a cargo area. This is in a 2005 Scion xB.

It's coming along. I forgot about the part where I have to extend the wires to compensate for the movement of the amps more rearward. I guess the easiest fix is to just make new grounds for the rear two amps and keep the other 551X that is under the seat along with the MS-8 grounded to the ground dist block that is on the rack under the seat. My power leads are long enough to make it to the back, but not the grounds. I am about 4" short. I will put up some pics of how it was setup before this box so you can see how much different this is. I had no back seats before with a wood floor that was like a cargo area. This is in a 2005 Scion xB.

Awe man, i hate it when I make wires too short. That's like throwing money away.

Looks like your gonna have a clean install. :P

BASSHEADS UNITE

Awe man, i hate it when I make wires too short. That's like throwing money away.

It's not that I made the wires too short. Just redoing the entire back end of the system layout and putting the seats back in.

Here is the previous set up:

IMAG0469.jpg

Here is (was) the back side of the box:

IMAG0382.jpg

Edited by bmxscion

It's not that I made the wires too short. Just redoing the entire back end of the system layout and putting the seats back in.

Here is the previous set up:

IMAG0469.jpg

Here is (was) the back side of the box:

IMAG0382.jpg

Ohhhh ok

BASSHEADS UNITE