Jump to content

bmxscion

Members
  • Posts

    282
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bmxscion

  1. Markous- just make sure you set the gains on your amp carefully. These SD-3's are easier to bottom out than the other beefier models. But when you get it set right they are really nice. Do you plan on doing a separate chamber sealed box or shared chamber sealed.....or something else? I know how good my single 12 sounds, and I bet two would be pretty nice. What is your frontstage consist of? I have a full active HAT 3-way front stage in mine.
  2. I have an SD-3 12" D4 in a sealed box just under 1 cu ft. The one I have was the prototype unit that has the machined outer spokes unlike the production models. I have it powered by a RF 501bd and processed with an MS-8. It is an awesome sub but I will be upgrading next year so I may sell this one.
  3. how is your HU grounded? i have mine straight from the harness to the metal bar under the dash. I do not use the ground side of the vehicle harness at all. I am also running a 501bd and I have 2 551X's in my setup and I have zero alt noise.
  4. Happy birthday, and that looks a cool fun toy. You will have to get a cop buddy that can clock your speed on that thing!
  5. I'll be selling my SD-2 12" when the 12's in the SD-3 become available.
  6. Thanks for updating my location. Please add DMM and hydraulic crimper as well please.
  7. A tip for those who have a DD-1 or any other SMD tool that doesn't plan on using them for extended periods of time.....disconnect the battery when storing. Protect your investment.
  8. Best bet is to just build the correct box for whatever sub you decide to use.
  9. I was just thinking the other day if these were still available as I hadn't seen them for sale on WCCaraudio or off the D'Amore site. I may have to sell a few things to get one. I really want an AF-12.
  10. Also just to clarify, by having the DD-1+ that would eliminate the need to have the DD-1HV to use on the bigger amps?
  11. I am using the silver plated 12AWG that Knu used to carry on my 12" SD-2 and what I did to make room for both wires in the terminal was to take small ring terminals and unbolt the back of the terminal and just attach directly to there so I only have to have one wire in the push terminal. It was kind of a PITA but it cleans it up a little even though it is inside the box. I never did take a pic of that but I will get one next time I have my sub unbolted from my box. You can see the black wire coming out of the amp in this pic:
  12. Just a question about water cooling....I know they make heatsinks for water cooling RAM. Is that even something that would be necessary to consider? Or does just good airflow from fans suffice? I am sure water cooling the RAM would add some significant cost to the cooling system. Everything looks super awesome on this rig and I can't wait to see the radiators when they come in!
  13. Does Sun Flash have a shelf life? If i were to order some and not be able to use it for several months would it still be ok?
  14. I have an SD-2 12" in a sealed box and it is rather impressive ran off a RF Power 501bd. I only have my gain around half maybe less and it sounds real nice. I can only imagine in the proper ported box it would have higher output but it also depends on what you listen to. I listen to more rock than rap so the kick drum bass is amazing in my set up. Also it is processed with an MS-8.
  15. Damn them are sexy!!! how much did they run you? Just sent you a PM Bronson to answer your question.
  16. Rouge Dead Guy Ale
  17. I have a sealed 1cu ft box on my SD-12 and it is amazing. I would just use the specs from the Sundown site.
  18. I have a D3400 under hood in my 2005 Scion xB with custom Toolmaker battery terminals. 220A Mechman alt also. Couldn't be happier.
  19. We use them in the military all the time. They rock in the desert!! Pretty much just hook up the hose to it and water flows across a carboard like material and air blows across it. Those things are hella expensive when new. I've never seen them used in a heating configuration but I know for cooling they are awesome!
  20. Have you thought about upgrading your rear sway bar endlinks to spherical rod links like your control arms have? Or is that not really necessary with the coil overs and control arms? Still looking good...... <--------------- Korndoggg3 here checking in from Kuwait.
  21. This build is getting my creative ticker going. I have lots of ideas not only from this, but many other awesome builds on your site Steve! Can't wait to come back to the US and get my car finished.
  22. flip a coin....heads SSA, tails Woofersetc. Then once you receive your order take pics of the install.
×
×
  • Create New...