DC Sound Lab

12volt.com says that 34.5w 28t 14d will give I was told that your the man for enclosures and I'm going to build a box for a xl 18 in a s10 ext cab. 12volt.com says that 34.5w 28t 14d will give me 6.325. Xl 18 displacement is.25. After sub and some allthread I'm thinking box displacement will be 6.10. 12volt says a 6" aero should be 7.80 to get 32hz and two 4" aeros need to be 15.834.Should I use one 6" aeroport or two 4" aeroport to achieve 32 hz tuning? Port facing forward.me 6.325. Xl 18 displacement is.25. After sub and some allthread I'm thinking box displacement will be 6.10. 12volt says a 6" aero should be 7.80 to get 32hz and two 4" aeros need to be 15.834.Should I use one 6" aeroport or two 4" aeroport to achieve 32 hz port or ports forward.

1 6" port ain't gonna cut it. you need a minimum of about 130^2" to just cut back on port noise. With 1 6" port your port will sound like a vacuum cleaner and tuning will be s%!t. If you can't properly port it go sealed better then sounding like crap. You need like 1 12" round port. You can buy 12" round form tubes at home depot or lowes for around $10.

Is 12 volt pretty close to box dimensions that I will need? I had Torres box calculator downloaded on my computer but the hard drive crashed in the computer and now I have a iPod and cell phone for Internet access. If someone could give me some dimensions I'll sure appreciate. And Im 6'5" so I'm trying to keep as much leg room as possible.