Second Skin Audio

Options for Fi SSD's

I am wanting to buy 2 Fi SSD 12's and needed some help picking what upgrades to get. So i need a more detailed explanation on the options available for the SSD's.

Questions:

What's the difference between Dual 1 and Dual 2?

What does the internal lead option do?

Also i'm not new to car audio just have not dealt with this much power. What all will i have to upgrade in my car to get the best results?

Edited by moneil10
forumsig2o.jpg

If youre not new to car audio, I would think you would know what dual 1 ohm and 2 ohm mean. :ehh:

But Dual 1 ohm (actually .7 ohm) and dual 2 ohm (actually 1.4 ohm) coils are just different resistances to wire up the sub to get a final load to the amp. Higher resistance usually equals lower power, unless you have a Rockford Fosgate CP amp.

I would suggest, depending on how much power youre going to put to them getting the flatwound coil which isss..

Flatwind coil: The flatwire coil option simply helps the power handling of the sub. The coil has more surface area to dissipate heat and will take more power then the regular round wire coil that comes in the ‘stock’ version of the sub. This option will also make the sub tend to be more prone to ‘peaking’ for a budget daily driving sub where you don’t have to use a ton of power to get maximum output and sacrifice sound quality a little bit. 

and the Cooling option. Internal lead which seems to be a new option is Im guessing the tinsel leads are sandwiched in between the spiders to reduce tinsel slap on the lower notes. Unless its something different.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

I will probably get the dual 2 SSD's and i will probably get an amp around 1500-2000w rms x 1. But like i said im not new but i dont know as much as i should lol. So which ohm load should i use and how would i wire them to achieve that?

Edited by moneil10
forumsig2o.jpg

Well i knew what Dual 1 and Dual 2 just needed a better explanation i guess. I will probably get the dual 2 SSD's and i will probably get an amp around 1500-2000w rms x 1. But like i said im not new but i dont know as much as i should lol. So which ohm load should i use and how would i wire them to achieve that?

It depends on which amp you're planning to use..

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

For Dual 1 ohm

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

2_1ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

For Dual 2 ohm...

The same wire configurations, just the top one would be a final load of .5 ohms

And the bottom one would be 2 ohms

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

I dont think there are any amps that are "stable" at .5 ohm or one that is covered under warranty, but i know DC amps and AQ amps should be fine as long as you have the electrical to back it up

Edited by Trey_Dog650

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg