Second Skin Audio

box volume

mattc3366

i made a post before about a vented box design for my 2 12' eclipse aluminum subs but i was told the box is too small for my subs. i just used torres calc and used the circular port instead of the slot and used 2 4' ports and i got more box volume out of it. Is 3.5 cubic feet enough for 2 12' subs??? if that isnt enough i guess ill be stuck making a sealed box. so if the ported wont work how big should i make the sealed box? thanks ! :drink40:

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

If you want to go ported and really only have 3.5 cubes to work with, I would suggest 2 10's or a single 15. Otherwise I would build a sealed enclosure based upon the manufacturer's recommended specs.

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

What are your max dimensions?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

i was getting a tad above 3.5 after all displacements including bracing and subs and 2 4' ports tuned to 32.5 hz. but i still have to construct a wooden model of the outside dimensions to get my max size to make sure it fits through the trunk opening. i have 16 height 32 width and 18 depth. but if i can fit bigger it will only be about 1-2 inches to the width and depth. so i might possibly get it bigger. my subs are rated for 500 rms and im buying an aq1200 on the black friday sale so they will be slightly over powered by 100 watts a piece if that makes a difference in the size of the box. ill make the wooden model out of plywood or 2x4s hopefully within a few days to get my max dimensions. but worst comes to worst i think the dimensions i have will fit through. so is 3.5 - 3.6 a good size for 2 500 rms 12's? thanks guys . i really appreciate the help. this is going to be my very first ported box ive ever owned AND im builing it so i wanna do it right instead of just slapping something together!

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

Sounds a little small to me. I'm running 2 12s in a box that is 6.2 ^3 ft and ran a single in a box that was 3.2^3 ft. Sounds small for 2 12s IMHO.

Id look at abdofferent setup

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Dam that's a big box. No way that's going in my trunk lol.

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

Archived