helping my dad out

My dad is a singer. He wants to devote a room in our house to his music. Nothing crazy he just wants a good computer, headphones, and good speakers to start with. And he was looking into Bose speakers. I know they are really good. But i told him i could probably find some speakers that are just as good and cheaper. I would build the enclosures for them and everything as his Christmas present. So he said alright. But then i realized I really know nothing about pro audio and home audio. So could anyone help me out in finding some stuff. Im not looking to spend alot (its his money) and i dont really have a budget for this because i dont know what is a good budget. lol... Any suggestions will be considered. I have been looking at Parts Express.com but im not sure I know what im looking at, or looking for. haha..

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Do NOT spend your money on bose! Let's start with your budget and if u wanna buy a set of speakers off the shelf or want to build a set. You have lots of options

Like I said i dont really have a budget. I dont know what is a "cheap" budget for home audio equipment. you tell me. what should i expect for decent equipment at lower costs?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

i'd say just maybe a good sub, 2 speakers and 2 tweeters. im gonna be building the boxes.

Edited by FroznBeavrBALLs

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cerwin vega Makes really good home audio equipment.

yeah i have heard of them, Dayton, Pyle, Selenium. Just wanna make sure im getting the right stuff. I am mostly confused about powering the speakers... I know you can get special amps but do they have 120volt power for a wall socket? or what?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

I disagree. I'm still kind of a noob (been on here for a lil while and have learned A LOT!) and I'm going to be building myself my own system (similar setup with sub, 2 tweets and 2 mids) for my own room. The kind of amps your are going to be looking for are plate amps (for your woofer) and Class T amps for your mids and highs. I suggest using a pair of coaxial speakers for your mids and highs so that will minimize the amount of wiring you will have to do. As for components, what you use all depends on how big your room is. If you give me dimensions, I can point you in the right direction.

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

ok well are Pt series Pa amps good for mids and highs? i found what looks like a good amp for the price. its a Pyle Pro PTA1000. i wanted to know if its any good. also the room is probably about 15x15 or close to that. I dont know for sure which room my dad wants to put it in but thats like the smaller room. the other room i can think of is probably like 13-14 x 20 or so. He wants to do some recording with this set up as well. so he wants a laptop, mic, and the whole system. so i would need to connect the speakers to the laptop.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU